The man who might be the most important member of the New York Giants is also the least talked about. I am, of course, referencing none other than punter Jeff Feagles.
The master of the coffin corner has made a living in the NFL by keeping opponents pressed up against their own end zones for 21 years now. The 43 year old kicker has helped New York win the battle of field position with his precise and pristine kicks. Talk about your X-Factor, Feagles owns the NFL record for most punts inside the 20 with 508.
Perhaps he should have his own theme song played throughout the stadium as the Yankees do for Mariano Rivera and his ever popular “Enter Sandman”. Maybe the Undertaker's theme song from the WWE would suit him best.
- You’re 43 years old, any thoughts of calling it quits when your contract ends after this season?
- How important are offseason workouts and training for a veteran kicker like yourself?
- If you could pick your own nickname, what would it be?
- You’re stranded on an island, what three Giants teammates would you want with you and why?
- If you could be anyone else in the league who would it be and why?
- Do you think you’re the best at what you do?
- Which was more exciting, the birth of your children or winning a Super Bowl?
- The Yankees play “Enter Sandman” for Mariano Rivera to symbolize the opponent being rocked to sleep, if the Giants were to play a theme song for you to symbolize your coffin corner tactics, what would it be and why?
- Looking back on your career, do have any regrets, or wish you had done some things differently during your 22 year career?
- In all your years in the NFL who has been the one guy you’ve least wanted to punt to in fear of him returning it back for six?