Main Event got off to a great start, thanks to Damien Sandow's pre-match promo where he quoted himself paraphrasing a quote from Erasmus. Cody Rhodes being back on commentary was also a nice treat.
The match Sandow and Christian put on was very entertaining. There were lots of innovative counters, and both men seemed to be very comfortable in the ring with one another.
At one point, it looked like Sandow barely avoided an injury when his leg got caught in the ring apron as Christian pulled him down to the floor.
Despite his best friend being in the ring, Rhodes did a good job of putting Christian over as being on top of his game since returning to the ring.
Sandow had control for more of the match than Christian, but Christian kept coming back and getting near-fall after near-fall. Rhodes even mentioned at one point that Christian is what he calls a "counter wrestler."
Christian built up some momentum toward the end of the match as he hit his usual flurry of offense, but Sandow managed to turn things around in his favor again.
The match seemed like it could end at several different times, but each man always had a way out of the other's signature moves. Christian finally managed to win the match with the Killswitch.
This is another in a long list of very good matches from Main Event.
Some notes from the match:
- I am not sure how I have never noticed this before, but Sandow is very similar to Professor Moriarty in some of his mannerisms—especially Jared Harris' Moriarty. Now we just need a WWE equivalent to Sherlock Holmes. Any suggestion?
- Sandow's use of a cartwheel was genius.
- Christian needs a new look. He has been cycling through the same four pairs of tights since he returned from TNA.
- I love how Rhodes brought up that Sandow used an Edgecutioner against Christian.
- Rhodes has a future as a commentator if he ever decides to stop wrestling. He knows the sport really well, and he is very charismatic.