2. Kansas City Scouts: It's not really PC, but this isn’t a politeness list, it’s a list of cool! It shows a Sioux warrior scouting out the ice, planning for his next attack. Yeah, buddy!
These aren't necessarily ugly, but head scratchers, nonetheless.
5. Dallas Stars: I’ve added the ole Stars because, well, I don’t like them first of all. Also, it just doesn’t make sense. You take a team from “hockey country,” Minnesota, rightly named the NorthStars, move them to Dallas, and drop the North. Senseless move, senseless name.
4. Quebec Nordiques: It's intriguing at first; then again, I'm not really sure what its supposed to be. Is it an elephant with a stick? A red hump with a stick? It’s just something else from the French we don’t understand?
3. California/Oakland Golden/Seals: Much like Al Davis’ Raiders, for cryin’ out loud, pick a name already! The logo is kind of cool and kind of weird, with a cute little seal face on a bird-like shaped body thing. Enough said.
2. Minnesota Wild: This one would be on the Ugliest list but it's creative, if nothing else. A picture in a picture. It's ugly yet cool, I guess.
1. Buffalo Sabres (2nd generation): For reasons unknown, the Sabres took the greatest jerseys/logos of all time, changed the colors to red and black, and decided to roll out with a big buffalo head. Potential? Yes. Execution? No. Fail.
They're not only ugly, but f-ugly!
5. Tampa Bay Lightning: I get it—Tampa, storms, lightning. But the logo sucks, plain and simple.
4. San Jose Sharks: Triangle + stick-eating shark + horrible colors = recipe for a sucky logo.
3. Vancouver Canucks: This is maybe one of the just plain ugliest of all time, on par with the 70s/early 80s Houston Astros. They get the ultimate WTF!
2. Buffalo Sabres (current): The most painful on the list is the Buffa-slug, the snot-rocket, Donald Trump’s hair. It has many names, indeed, none of which are awesome.
1. Anaheim Mighty Ducks: Worst franchise in history, meet worst logo in history! It's a team that never should have been. Yes they’ve had success, but they’ve got to go!