England takes center stage in this Friday edition of the B/R Summer Transfer Window Gossip roundup, with Gareth Bale and Leighton Baines leading the headlines.
Bale, who has been a hot prospect in the transfer market since his breakthrough season last term, has been advised to stay in England for the time being. Baines, meanwhile, might have the chance to follow his old boss to new pastures.
Inside, we also have updates on Geoffrey Kondogbia, Robert Lewandowski, Mario Gomez and more. Keep reading for all the details.
Former England manager Glenn Hoddle has told The Sun that Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Gareth Bale should stay in England.
Bale, 23, is wanted by Real Madrid, according to the report, but Hoddle urged a move elsewhere, saying: "If he does move, I think he will settle easier at another club in England. The only ones he can realistically join are Manchester United and Manchester City. He could get Champions League football there. But I want him to stay at Tottenham."
Bale was named FWA and PFA Player of the Year last season after scoring 21 goals in 33 Premier League appearances. Tottenham finished fifth, qualifying for the UEFA Europa League.
Meanwhile, the Daily Mail reports that Spurs are close to signing Brazil midfielder Paulinho. The 24-year-old is quoted as saying he was given assurances that Bale will stay with the club.
Everton have rejected an initial offer from Manchester United for full-back Leighton Baines, according to multiple reports, but United reportedly remain interested.
Per The Guardian, Everton rejected United's £12 million bid Thursday. But with Baines entering the final two years of his contract, the report suggested a £15 million bid would "tempt" the Toffees to do business.
New United manager David Moyes formerly coached Baines at Everton.
Meanwhile, the Daily Mail reports that United will increase their offer to £15 million plus add-ons. The report also indicates that Everton and new manager Roberto Martinez want to offer Baines a new contract worth £70,000 per week.
Baines, 28, played in all 38 league matches for Everton last season, scoring five goals and assisting five more. An England international, he joined Everton from Wigan in 2007.
Kondogbia, 20, joined Sevilla from Lens in 2012. Metro reported this week that Manchester United have opened talks with Sevilla over a transfer, and The Independent recorded Chelsea's interest last week.
According to the ESPN report, however, Arsenal and Real Madrid are the teams interested. But del Nido has said Kondogbia will not leave.
“We have rejected an offer a week ago for Kondogbia, which tripled the cost of the player when he arrived at Sevilla,” he said. “Our idea, in principle, is that the player remains to grow with us, as he has done this season.”
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho will turn his attention to Robert Lewandowski if the Blues are unable to sign striker Edinson Cavani from Napoli, per the Daily Mirror.
Chelsea are unwilling to match Cavani's £53 million buyout clause, per the report, and the Uruguay international is more interested in joining Real Madrid anyway.
Dortmund have refused to sell Lewandowski, but the 24-year-old Poland international has one year left on his contract. Chelsea reportedly believe a £25 million offer could tempt Dortmund to sell. The Blues would reportedly offer Lewandowski a contract worth £170,000 per week.
Bayern Munich striker Mario Gomez is Manchester City's top choice as a replacement for the recently sold Carlos Tevez, according to The Independent.
Tevez, 29, signed with Juventus earlier this week. Gomez, 27, scored 11 league goals in 21 appearances (nine starts) during an injury-hit 2012-13 campaign.
Gomez is rated at £20 million, per the report, while City are also interested in Sevilla's Alvaro Negredo, Roma's Pablo Osvaldo and Benfica's Oscar Cardozo. Benfica want €17 million for Cardozo, according to the report.
Norwich City have told Chelsea to double their £5 million bid for goalkeeper John Ruddy, per The Sun.
Arsenal's interest in Swansea defender Ashley Williams is waning, with Swansea refusing to lower their £10 million asking price, per The Times.
Liverpool are watching PSG defender Mamadou Sakho, according to the Daily Express. Sakho is stalling on a new contract.
Manchester City defender Aleksandar Kolarov (pictured) has hinted he would take a pay cut to follow Carlos Tevez to Juventus, per The Guardian.