We are still a few weeks away from the summer transfer window opening, but media speculation regarding Manchester United's interest in potential signings remains rife.
David Moyes will no doubt be hard at work behind the scenes identifying targets, and figuring out a way to bring them to Old Trafford.
The latest transfer gossip regards Cristiano Ronaldo, Kevin Strootman and Wayne Rooney amongst others.
Here is your one-stop-shop for all United-related transfer news.
----LAST UPDATE: SAT JUN 15---
It is thought that Cesc Fabregas is currently one of David Moyes top summer targets.
The Barcelona playmaker has been touted as the man to fix the Red Devils' midfield woes, either in a deeper-lying or advanced position.
But in an interview with Movistar, the World Cup-winning Spaniard dismissed rumours of an exit in this transfer window (h/t The Telegraph).
"I want to triumph in Barcelona, that club is my home and I always dreamed of playing there, so I will try and succeed there as long as I can," he said.
It seems Moyes and United will have to look elsewhere.
Speaking of Barcelona players, Thiago has been another name high-up on Moyes' wishlist.
The young playmaker was key in the recent Euro U21 Championships, leading Spain to glory with a hat-trick in the final.
He would be an ideal addition for the Red Devils. Although one former United player is not so keen on the idea.
Gerard Pique, centre-back for Barca, has spoken to radio programme Al Primer Toque in order to persuade Thiago to remain at the Camp Nou (via Daily Mail).
"There is a possibility that he could leave but we have to convince him that the best place for him is Barcelona," he said.
On again, off again, on again. Who really knows if the Cristiano Ronaldo transfer rumours are true anymore?
The latest in what has been the hottest story of the summer comes courtesy of the Daily Mail, who claim that former Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson could be a key tool in luring the Portuguese star back to Old Trafford.
"The charm offensive began some time ago, earlier than we thought, and we should not be surprised that it was instigated by Sir Alex Ferguson," the report claims.
"It can be revealed that on the night Ronaldo returned to Old Trafford with Madrid in the Champions League last March, Ferguson insisted United break with tradition by having the visiting team names announced second and that Ronaldo’s name should be left until last."
Should fans of the Red Devils dare to dream?
Until now, it was commonly thought that the Claudio Marchisio-to-Manchester United rumours were bogus.
The Italy international has been a key member of a terrific Juventus midfield, but with the emergence of Paul Pogba in Turin, his worth may have lessened.
The Mirror are reporting that the 27-year-old is rather keen on a move to Old Trafford this summer.
"I've heard that I might not be so valuable to Juve any more," he told reporters. "If I get offers from Manchester United or Monaco, I would be very proud."
Marchisio is a player who could potentially do well at United. Any transfer is likely to be some way off for now, though.
David Moyes was known for his bargain buys at former club Everton.
The Scotsman may have to adapt to life with a sizeable budget though, now he has been handed the reigns at Old Trafford.
According to The Telegraph, the club's owners the Glazers, will hand him a transfer kitty worth as much as £60 million for his first summer spending spree.
"Moyes is due to return from a family holiday a week on Monday and it is understood that the Scot will then embark on securing his leading transfer targets ahead of the club’s three-week tour of the Far East and Australia," the report claims.
Top targets include Cristiano Ronaldo, Cesc Fabregas and Gareth Bale. Spend wisely, sir.
The Red Devils may not be short on defensive options at present, but that does not seem to be stopping David Moyes.
The Scotsman's first signing was Uruguayan full-back Guillermo Varela last week, and may now be on the verge of adding a central defender to the Manchester United ranks.
Reports in Portugal claim that a deal has been reached to sign Benfica's highly-rated Ezequiel Garay (via The Mirror).
"An agreement in principle is in place between new Premier League champions United and the Lisbon giants for the 26-year-old, according to reports in Portugal."
The deal is expected to be worth close to £17 million.
Wayne Rooney is not the most popular player in the red half of Manchester at present.
The England international ended the past season morose, and according to former Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson, reportedly asked to leave the club.
According to The Telegraph, Rooney may wish to stay at Old Trafford, but that he fears the fans' retribution if he does.
"While the player ultimately regained the backing of the majority of the United supporters, much of that has evaporated as a result of Ferguson’s disclosure that Rooney had asked to leave for a second time two months ago," the report claims.
"Ferguson’s continuing presence at United as a director and club ambassador has denied Rooney a clean break from a manager with whom he once shared a strong relationship."
Former Manchester United full-back Denis Irwin has suddenly become very vocal on the club's transfer market ambitions.
In an interview with the Sunday World, Irwin claimed that the Red Devils' no. 1 target this summer is Barcelona's Cesc Fabregas (h/t ESPN).
"The Barcelona star wants out of the Nou Camp and United want him badly, so the deal should be done easily enough. Fabregas is just the sort of all-action midfield player United need if they are to make a run at next season's Champions League," he said.
"Cesc won't be short of offers for I believe this is going to be a transfer season where eye-boggling amounts of money will be spent."
The biggest stumbling block would be the Blaugrana's apparent unwillingness to sell.
Borussia Dortmund's Robert Lewandowski had a stunning season, scoring 36 goals in all competitions for the German side.
Recently, it seemed for all the world that Bayern Munich had clinched his signature, and would shortly announce the fact.
But according to Dortmund's chief executive, the club are unwilling to do further business with their Bundesliga rivals.
"Robert Lewandowski will definitely not make the switch to FC Bayern in 2013. That's final. We have informed Robert and his agents now," he told Bild (h/t Daily Mail).
Your move, David Moyes.
Wayne Rooney has little intention of working under his former boss David Moyes.
The English forward has demanded to leave Old Trafford, and many United fans believe that he should do so if his passion for the club is gone.
Former Red Devil Dwight Yorke is not in this group. He told talkSPORT that the club should do all in their power to keep Rooney (h/t ESPN).
"Manchester United are about retaining the best players and Rooney is one of those. It would be a huge disappointment if he decided to leave the football club and I'm sure David Moyes will be looking to keep hold of him," he said.
Paris Saint-Germain are the no. 1 contenders to land Rooney should he be sold.
Rumours linking Cristiano Ronaldo with a sensational return to Old Trafford had grown in the past few weeks.
But after Portugal's 1-0 win over Russia in World Cup qualification, the man himself dashed the hopes of all United fans.
"I am well, calm and not worried about it. I know we will reach a deal," he told reporters (via ESPN).
Real president Florentino Perez added to this sentiment, telling Marca "My aim, Cristiano's aim, and the aim of all Real Madrid fans is that he carries on playing here for many years to come" (h/t Daily Mail).
One now has to ask whether the player has been using United as a bargaining chip in his negotiations with Real?
Newcastle United may have had a poor season, but interest remains high in the club's midfield ace Yohan Cabaye.
The central midfielder has had a frustrating campaign at St. James' Park, one curtailed by injury.
The Frenchman seems keen on a move, telling the Daily Mail that he would welcome a move to Manchester United.
When asked about the Red Devils' interest, Cabaye said "Yes, of course, I have liked that club for a long time. I like what they do."
"The boss (Sir Alex Ferguson) has left, but they have appointed a very good successor and he did some very good things with Everton."
True to form, a £1 million bargain buy could be David Moyes' first signing for Manchester United.
The player in question is 20-year-old right-back Guillermo Varela, who currently plies his trade at Penarol.
According to the Daily Mail, "Varela will arrive in Manchester shortly to complete the deal after a fee of around £1million was agreed."
Varela spent time at Old Trafford on trial for the final few weeks of last season, but now the switch could be made permanent.
In this respect, it would be fair to say he is a Sir Alex buy, rather than a Moyes one.
Many Manchester United fans are hoping for an increased first team role for Javier Hernandez under David Moyes.
Last season, the prolific striker spent too much time on the bench, despite impressing whenever he was called upon.
There have been whispers of a potential transfer in the works, but Hernandez's agent Eduardo Hernandez has moves to squash such speculation.
"He is very happy at Manchester United," he told The Sun.
"Javier has been there three years and has won the league twice. Not many can say they have achieved that."
Rumours linking Cristiano Ronaldo with a shock return to Old Trafford this summer had died down in recent weeks.
But on Wednesday, British tabloid The Sun led with a bold "United Step Up Ronaldo Bid" headline.
The story claims "The Red Devils are convinced they can take advantage of uncertainty at Real Madrid to bring him back home to Old Trafford."
The price quoted is an eye-watering £65 million, only £15 million less than Manchester United sold the Portuguese star in 2009.
It is also claimed that United sponsors Nike are willing to play a part in any potential deal.
Stevan Jovetic is one of the most highly-rated players on the transfer market this summer.
Until now it seemed like Arsenal were leading the race for his signature, but according to reports, Manchester United may be about to join the bidding.
On Tuesday, The Express claimed "The Red Devils have reportedly made an enquiry for the former Partizan hitman, who has scored 13 league goals this campaign."
The report states that David Moyes has highlighted the Fiorentina forward as a potential replacement for the wantaway Wayne Rooney.
This is one link to definitely keep an eye on.
Edwin van der Sar's performance in the Manchester United vs. Real Madrid legends match on Sunday showed he is still a top-class shot-stopper.
The Dutch keeper also remains an authority on the goings-on at his former club.
When asked about Wayne Rooney's wantaway intentions, Van der Sar spoke in support of the Red Devils (via Daily Star).
"The change of manager could be big for United but I don’t think you’ll find a better atmosphere at other clubs," he told reporters.
Current United keeper David de Gea also told Spanish radio show El Larguero on Thursday "We do not know if he will go, but we hope he stays" (via ESPN).
Kevin Strootman has been hyped by many in the footballing world, myself included, as a top potential signing for the Red Devils.
He is a physical box-to-box midfielder capable of making a creative contribution going forward.
The transfer rumours linking him with United have been prevalent since last year, but this morning there was a fresh development.
SkyBet announced on their Twitter page that betting had been suspended on Strootman moving to Old Trafford this summer:
Good morning! Had a lot of tweets about this so, to confirm, the market for Kevin Strootman's next club was suspended overnight.
— Sky Bet (@SkyBet) June 3, 2013
Reason to be optimistic or a false dawn?
David de Gea had a terrific 2012/13 season for Manchester United.
The once maligned goalkeeper looked increasingly assured dealing with crosses, while developing a real authority in his own penalty area.
The Spaniard will be the Red Devils' No. 1 for years to come, but is unlikely to see out his career at Old Trafford.
This comes according to the man himself, who told Spanish newspaper AS "Hopefully in the future I can return [to Atletico Madrid], you never know. It has been and will always be my home" (h/t Daily Star).
United fans will be hoping this doesn't happen for quite some time.
The back pages of the Daily Mail were full of revelations on Sunday.
The British tabloid claimed that "Tottenham will be offered a world record £85 million transfer fee by Real Madrid as the Spanish giants attempt to lure Gareth Bale away from White Hart Lane."
The sum quoted is astronomical, and would top the £80 million spent by Real on Cristiano Ronaldo in 2009.
Speaking of Ronaldo, the same story states he "could return to Old Trafford after a four-year absence."
Talk of the Portuguese star returning to Old Trafford has dimmed a little in recent weeks, but it's nice to see the Mail keeping the faith.
There has been talk of a Patrice Evra vs. Alex Buttner battle for the starting left-back job next season at Old Trafford.
But let's not forget Fabio, the 22-year-old Brazilian returning from a loan spell at Queens Park Rangers.
Speaking to the Daily Mail, Fabio said "I’d like to play. I just need to do what I do well. I believe I can still make it but I need to be playing consistently and at United."
It is not yet known who David Moyes plans to feature most heavily at left-back next season, but it's reassuring that Fabio wants to stay and fight for his place in the team.
He'll need to do all in his power to stand out in the crowd.