The 68-team field is set and the TV schedule will soon follow, giving college basketball fans a chance to see every single game of the 2013 NCAA tournament.
The four No. 1 seeds at March Madness will be Louisville, Gonzaga, Kansas and Indiana, but the first and only time all four No. 1 seeds made it to the Final Four was 2008. We all know that the upset is alive and well in college basketball today—particularly this season.
The rest of the field includes mid-majors Creighton, Saint Louis, Butler and Virginia Commonwealth—all teams looking to dance past what their seeds and tournament resumes predict them to do.
Bubble teams Oklahoma, Iowa State, Villanova and Boise State are also expected to be interesting matchups for higher seeds, though all will have to put together a magical run to get anywhere near the Sweet 16.
Which No. 1 seed will go home first?
To ensure you are ready to have a television, a remote and your game-times in place, make sure to check out this tournament TV schedule below, complete with the games that CBS and Turner Sports' family of networks (TNT, TBS, truTV) will be showing during this three-week sprint toward a national champion.
Times are not yet official, but dates are.
Note: All times listed are Eastern Standard Time; times under two days of competition (i.e. Thursday, March 21-Friday, March 22) are slated to be the same both days. TBS, TNT and truTV reserve the right to change game times with each other as necessary, so continue to check back as the tournament moves along for exact times for your teams.
Day-by-Day TV Listings and Times (via Bleacher Report's Live Tournament Bracket)
Tuesday, March 19, and Wednesday, March 20 (First Four)
- Game 1: 6:40 p.m. on truTV
- Game 2: 9:10 p.m. on truTV
Thursday, March 21, and Friday, March 22 (Second Round)
- NCAA Tip-Off — 11:00 a.m on truTV
- 4 Games (Noon, 2:30, 7:00, 9:30) on CBS
- 4 Games (2:00, 4:30, 7:15, 9:45) on TNT
- 4 Games (1:30, 4:00, 6:45, 9:15) on TBS
- 4 Games (12:30, 3:00, 7:15, 9:55) on truTV
- Inside March Madness: 12:30 a.m. on truTV
Saturday, March 23 (Third Round)
- 4 Games (Noon, 2:30, 5:00, 7:30) on CBS
- 2 Games (6:00 and 8:30) on TNT
- 2 Games (7:00 and 9:30) on TBS
- Inside March Madness: Midnight on TBS
Sunday, March 24 (Third Round)
- 3 Games (Noon, 2:30, 5:00) on CBS
- 2 Games (6:00 and 8:30) on TNT
- 2 Games (7:00 and 8:30) on TBS
- 1 Game (7:30) on truTV
- Inside March Madness: Midnight on truTV
Thursday, March 28, and Friday, March 29 (Sweet 16)
- 2 Games (7:00 and 9:30) on CBS
- 2 Games (7:15 and 9:55) on TBS
- Inside March Madness: 12:30 a.m. on TBS
Saturday, March 30 (Elite Eight)
- Road to the Final Four: 2:30 on CBS
- Game 1: 4:20 on CBS
- Game 2: 6:55 on CBS
Sunday, March 31 (Elite Eight)
- Road to the Final Four: 1:00 on CBS
- Game 1: 2:10 on CBS
- Game 2: 4:55 on CBS
Saturday, April 6 (Final Four)
- The Final Four Show: 4:00 on CBS
- Semifinal 1: 6:00 on CBS
- Semifinal 2: 8:45 on CBS
Monday, April 8
- 2013 NCAA National Championship Game, 9:23 p.m., on CBS
Complete Look at 68-Team Field
|2||Miami ||Ohio State ||Duke||Georgetown
|3||Marquette ||New Mexico ||Michigan St. ||Florida
|4||Syracuse ||Kansas St. ||Saint Louis ||Michigan
|5||UNLV ||Wisconsin ||Oklahoma St. ||VCU|
|6||Butler ||Arizona ||Memphis||UCLA
|7||Illinois ||Notre Dame ||Creighton||San Diego St.
|8||NC St. ||Pittsburgh ||Colorado St. ||North Carolina
|9||Temple||Wichita St. ||Missouri||Villanova
|11||Bucknell ||Belmont ||Middle Tennesse St./ |
|12||California ||Ole Miss ||Oregon ||Akron
|13||Montana ||Boise St./La Salle||New Mexico State ||South Dakota St.
|14||Davidson ||Harvard||Valparaiso||Northwestern St.|
|15||Pacific ||Iona||Albany ||Florida Gulf Coast
|(16)||LIU Brooklyn/ |
|Southern ||North Carolina A&T/ |
Make your picks for the 2013 NCAA Tournament here with the Bracket Challenge Game.
If you know you are going to be away from your TV (either at work or otherwise) when a big game goes down, make sure to check out NCAA.com's live stream of every tournament game, stay glued to the live tournament bracket for up-to-the-minute updates and print out a PDF bracket in case you need one in the car or at your office cubicle.
Information from Turner Sports and CBS was used to compile this report.