November 17, 2016
I have written three articles already in this series of 25 Ways to Tell If You're a ____ Fan. People have enjoyed them, so I decided to start reeling off these lists.
So, Chicago, here is your list!
- You consider yourself a lovable loser.
- Your motto is "Maybe next year."
- You react the same way as Carlos Zambrano when you disagree with a call.
- You consider Miller Park "Wrigley North."
- You were on-hand at "Wrigley North" to see Zambrano's no-hitter.
- You blame Steve Bartman for the Cubs choke in 2003 even though you admit Moises Alou wouldn't have caught the ball anyway.
- You expect three would-be home runs to be kept in the ball park per game because of the wind.
- You are part of "The Riot."
- You hate it when Aramis Ramirez is overlooked.
- You have copied Alfonso Soriano's batting stance.
- Your great-grandmother wasn't even alive when the Cubs last won a World Series.
- You have a pet goat named Billy.
- You have a Harry Caray mask.
- Your team's radio announcers drive you to death.
- You would give a vital organ to lead "Take Me Out to the Ballgame."
- Anybody who messes up during the seventh inning stretch deserves to be shunned in your book.
- You know all of the curses in Cubs history.
- Regular season success is expected by you, but postseason success is not.
- You have had to explain to somebody that a swear word is not on the back of your jersey and that it says "Fukudome", the name of a player.
- You want a free Milton Bradley board game give away day at Wrigley Field in honor of the new center fielder.
- You have written a lullaby for Sweet Lou.
- You have dropped peanut shells into the ivy.
- You have thrown back every home run ball that you caught.
- If a kid catches an opponent's home run ball, you snatch it and toss it back.
- You think the Cubs are the best team ever!
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!