April 4, 2009
Every baseball team has their own unique set of fans. This article is the first in a series on 25 ways to tell if you're a fan of a certain team.
25 Ways To Tell if You're a Cardinals Fan:
- Your wardrobe is composed of only red clothing.
- Albert Pujols is your "hombre."
- You copy Pujols's batting stance (including the tongue sticking out).
- You "booed" the bullpen over 15 times last season.
- You make fun of Cubs fans because they have no mascot.
- You want Rick Ankiel back as a pitcher—but he plays outfield on his in-between starts days.
- You have prayed for Chris Carpenter's return.
- Albert Pujols's pinkie finger looks amazing to you.
- You will argue with anybody that Pujols-Ludwick is the best 3-4 punch in the National League.
- You have kissed Fredbird.
- You still want the 1985 umpiring crew's head on a platter.
- You hate sharing a color with all of your divisional opponents.
- You give up on the Rams after five losses, but never doubt the Cards.
- The Rays are your second favorite team for not drafting Pujols when they could have.
- You skip work or school for a game.
- You still love Jim Edmonds.
- You think the "new" Busch Stadium is better than the "new" Yankee Stadium.
- You don't doubt that Ludwick could hit a ball to the Gateway Arch.
- You would rather eat a habanero than draft a Cubs player for your Fantasy Team.
- You hate the Royals even though you weren't alive during the 1985 World Series.
- You say that the Rams disgrace the city.
- Tony La Russa is considered Einstein to you.
- 2006 is still a dream.
- You think that the Clydesdales are better than Milwaukee's Racing Sausages.
- You root for the Cardinals no matter what the circumstance is.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!