Brewers fan saves sun-bathing beauty
Thursday’s Game: Brewers 2, White Sox 1
- The Brewers finished their Cactus League schedule an impressive 20-10-3. Spring Training records mean little, but I’d rather see a nice record like that than a losing record.
- Milwaukee finished 14-3-1 in their final 18 Cactus League games and won 20 Spring Training games for the first time since 1995.
- Suppan continued his string of quality spring innings holding the White Sox to one run on three hits in five innings. He surrendered only one hit after the first inning
- Prince Fielder hit another home run.
- Dave Bush is primed for a nice season. I thought last season was going to be his breakout year (and really it was if you take out his slow start), but I think this is the season that Bush takes a step forward and becomes one of the more reliable options the Brewers have (again, even though he already really is).
- Casey McGehee made the team and his dad is proud. In related news, Tyler is not happy with this development and will be reminded by each RFB poster and reader of his foolhardy pre-season column in which he trashed the god-like utility infielder/outfielder/catcher every time McGehee contributes this magical season.
- The Tony Gwynn Jr. era in Milwaukee might be coming to an end. We’ll know more later today, but it appears the Brewers have designated Gwynn for assignment. His future with the organization is certainly in question. More HERE.
- Chris Capuano had a setback in his recovery from his second Tommy John surgery. It looks like Cappy won’t be able to start pitching until May, meaning he probably wouldn’t be able to join the Brewers until June at the earliest.
- I think we missed this the other day… Fox Sports Wisconsin will televise 95 of its 136 Brewers telecasts in HD this season.
- Itching for the regular season to start? These won’t help…
- The new Sounds ownership group has stepped up and renovated Greer Stadium, but all signs point to a push for a new downtown stadium at some point. If I might suggest, I’d prefer it be within walking distance of Pirahna’s so the next time we visit Nashville and nearly make ourselves sick on the incredible sandwiches there, we can stumble to the stadium for a ball game.
- Thirsty Thursdays at Greer Stadium eliminated?!? Oh, the humanity! Thank God we still still have the Timber Rattlers for that promotion.
- Chris Carpenter is dealing with a minor injury… Then again is any injury minor when we’re talking about Chris Carpenter?
- MLB Network is preparing to launch “MLB Tonight” and fans, including me, anxiously await. The bar is set pretty low with ESPN’s “Baseball Tonight” so hopefully they easily outshine that.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!