Wednesday’s Game: Brewers 8, Diamondbacks 7
- The Brewers hung on to win a close one today. Dave Bush has been solid this spring…until today. Bush gave up six runs on 13 hits and two walks in six innings. I’m really never one to look into spring performances too much, but the starting pitching late in spring has left something to be desired. Let’s hope next week ships are righted.
- Corey Hart continued his fine spring with his seventh home run.
- Now to what most Brewers fans are worried about: the status of Ryan Braun. Apparently the swelling went down considerably from yesterday. It sounds as though he’ll be shut down no matter what until next Tuesday (Opening Day in San Francisco). Let’s hope so. It all seems like good news considering Braun himself thought it was broken when it happened.
- Craig Counsell is opting to not have knee surgery. He says he feels great. More HERE.
- As was expected, Mike Lamb opted to be released rather than go to Triple-A. Good luck, Mike.
- Bernies Crew analyzes JJ Hardy’s range at shortstop. Good stuff. Proves that Hardy is a little weak ranging to his right but strong up the middle. Unfortunately, Bill Hall is stronger down the line than he is towards short.
- MLB&photo=9373996">Another NL Central preview, this time from Fox Sports.
I know the pitching is a question mark, but 10 games below what the numbers project? Really? The whole “losing CC and Sheets…” thing is annoying. In my eyes, the Brewers are right where they were last May after Gallardo got hurt.
Replace Sheets with Yo (for all practical purposes) and you’ve got basically the same staff. Plus Braden Looper. Also, everyone’s down on the bullpen. Call me out if I’m wrong, but I think they’ll be really solid.
- DAMMIT! Another NL Central Preview in my mailbox. Can’t it be Tuesday already?
- Oh yeah, Brewers preview!
- Don’t want to forget….Brewers preview. Another fourth-place prediction. I kind of like this.
- No offense meant to anyone, but it’s times like these that I’m glad my mom fought my dad’s idea on raising me Catholic. Thanks Mom! Love ya!
- Your guide to Opening Day from Miller Park Drunk. Pretty good stuff. I’d like to add to the “zubaz” section of the post the following: No Packer shit, period. Yeah, we all love the Packers, but it’s not fricking Lambeau.
- The Brewers are 10th on BaseballAmerica’s Organizational Talent Rankings.
- The Brewers are rumored to have interest in newly jobless Scott Podsednik. I wish the man luck, but I don’t care to see him in a Brewers uniform again.
- The Daily Drink gives us some interesting info on Brewers coaches and players. I, like Ryan Braun, have also never gotten a hit at Chase Field. Also, I would have rather not known Casey McGehee was a hippy. Eh.
- Here’s what you can bring into Miller Park this season. Not bad. I thought they said they were getting rid of carry-ins altogether. The state of the economy must have had a hand in changing those plans.
- Alcides Escobar was optioned to Triple-A today. He is going to take grounders at second base as well as his typical shortstop position. Read into it what you want, but it’s reportedly so he is more versatile in case of an injury on the big league squad. We’ll be seeing you soon Mr. Escobar as will highlight reels everywhere.
- There are still tickets available for the Timber Rattlers Palermo’s Pizza Fan Fest next Tuesday. Sounds like a great time.
- This Cardinals blog has serious beer goggles on for their team. It kind of reads like this: “If all the stars are properly aligned, Duncan and LaRussa manage to continue making shit (minus Pujols) into solid ballplayers, and the rest of the division goes sub-.500, the Cardinals will win the division. Wow. We’re all partial to “our” own teams, but this takes the cake.
- A bit more interesting NL Central preview….I guess.
- Reds interested in Sheffield and/or Jenkins?
- A few people on the Florida and whether the Crew should sign him.">Brewerfan.net board discuss Dallas McPherson’s release from Florida and whether the Crew should sign him.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!