The NHL trade deadline has passed and below is a list of all the deals that were completed.
· The Calgary Flames acquire Olli Jokinen and a third round draft pick from the Phoenix Coyotes for Matthew Lombardi, Brandon Prust and a first round draft pick.
· The Boston Bruins acquire Mark Recchi and a 2010 second round draft pick from the Tampa Bay Lightning for Matt Lashoff and Martins Karsums.
· The Pittsburgh Penguins acquire Bill Guerin from the New York Islanders for a conditional draft pick.
· The Philadelphia Flyers acquire Daniel Carcillo from the Phoenix Coyotes for Scottie Upshall and a second round draft pick.
· The New York Rangers acquire Derek Morris from the Phoenix Coyotes for Dmitri Kalinin, Nigel Dawes and Petr Prucha.
· The Buffalo Sabres acquire Dominic Moore from the Toronto Maple Leafs for a second round draft pick.
· The Anaheim Ducks acquire Erik Christensen from the Atlanta Thrashers for Eric O’Dell.
· The Tampa Bay Lightning acquires Noah Welch and a third round draft pick from the Florida Panthers for Steve Eminger.
· The Columbus Blue Jackets acquire Kevin Lalande from the Calgary Flames for a fourth round draft pick.
· The Philadelphia Flyers acquire Kyle McLaren from the San Jose Sharks for a sixth round draft pick.
· The Chicago Blackhawks acquire Samuel Pahlsson from the Anaheim Ducks for James Wisniewski.
· The San Jose Sharks acquire Travis Moen and Kent Huskins from the Anaheim Ducks for Nick Bonino, Timo Pielmeier, and a conditional draft pick.
· The Edmonton Oilers acquire Patrick O’Sullivan and a second round draft pick from the Carolina Hurricanes for Erik Cole.
· The Edmonton Oilers acquire Ales Kotalik from the Buffalo Sabres for a second round draft pick.
· The Toronto Maple Leafs acquire Olaf Kolzig, Jamie Heward and Andy Rogers from the Tampa Bay Lightning for Richard Petiot.
The deal that seems to have had the biggest impact is the Pens/Islanders deal.
Billy Guerin has been a huge pick-up for the Penguins so far. He and Chris Kunitz have been just the wingers Sidnet Crosby has needed to get the pens back into the hunt for the Stanley Cup.
The Flames getting Jokinen has also given the team a scorer to complement Iginla.
The Hurricanes re-acquiring Erik Cole has revitalized a team that was way out of the playoffs and headed toward another year of spending the post-season at home.
They have been on a tear since the deadline and seem to be built to go deep.
The playoffs will be interesting this season. Will the Pens go four and out?
Will the Capitals regret not picking up a goalie at the deadline?