- The Brewers and Casey McGehee stayed hot today with a win over Seattle. McGehee hit a two-run, walk-off homer in the ninth today. McGehee is now hitting .370 on the spring with six homers and 15 RBI….and he may not make the team. We’ll just have to wait and see. More on the game HERE.
- Speaking of staying hot, Rickie Weeks went three for four today at the plate. He’s now hitting just below .350 this spring. Oh, and I’ll also mention he’s only committed one error this spring
- Prince Fielder hit his fifth home fun of the spring. I feel like he just got his first a couple weeks ago. Carry it into next week, Prince...and the entire Brewers offense.
- Manny Parra pitched six innings and gave up two runs on five hits. Carlos Villanueva pitched his third straight scoreless inning.
- The “big news” of today was Trevor Hoffman officially being added to the 15-day DL. It is retroactive to March 27, which means he’ll miss at least four regular season games. It’s been reported several times that he’s “taking it easy” and that’s just fine. No reason to rush. More here from JSOnline.
- Apparently it’s possible that Hoffman will be sent to Appleton on a rehab stint with the T-Rats. That would be awesome for the T-Rats, but I just don’t see it happening for one reason: April weather in Wisconsin. More HERE.
- Craig Counsell played today, but he may be looking at surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his right knee. The surgery would only sit him down for two to three weeks, but he may try to play through it. You can do it little guy!
- Yovani the 2009 NL Cy Young? Ken Rosenthal thinks so.
- Prince Fielder tops the list of “wild predictions” from Rotoprofessor. Weeks and Gallardo also make the list.
- Brew Crew Ball asks what will happen to JJ Hardy and compares his career to this point to other players.
- The Brewers haven’t officially announced the menu for this year’s new dollar menu at Miller Park, but it should be the same as (or close to) what was just announced in Cincinnati.
- Just like every spring someone had to predict it will be Rickie Weeks breakout year. Let’s hope Mr. Gammons is right this year.
- Now with some fresh news, Ryan at Bleacher Report says Yovani Gallardo and Dave Bush need to have big years if the Brewers hope to be successful.
- The Crew sent Vinny Rottino to minor league camp and optioned Hernan Iribarren to Triple-A.
- Missed your opportunity for opening day tickets? Love needles? Check this out.
- So, it was posted on yesterday’s news that Carlos Marmol lost out on the closer duties for the Cubs to newbie Kevin Gregg. Of course, like a huge tit, Marmol cried about it, suggesting there wasn’t a competition for the position. Piniella is now firing back (sorta) basically telling Marmol to get over it. Good stuff.
- HEADLINE: Bronson Arroyo Injured….T Maas Devastated.
- Check out this thread from the BrewerFan.net message board. This is the second ridiculous Astros prediction I’ve seen in as many weeks. What, is the Astros marketing team sending out magical Astros Kool-Aid to journalists?
- Speaking of the apparent flawless Astros, Lance Berkman is (minorly) injured.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!