Mets Policeman Osh 41 (he's the one that never writes anything) called and said the following:
- nobody is watching the game
- nobody knows where to go, mass confusion
- the Mets have help everywhere, people answering questions, and writing down notes
- they are using aluminum bats, ping sounds weird
- he echoed what everyone is saying about their being space and being able to see the field from everywhere
- parking is a nightmare, he had to park in a lot in actual Flushing (by Main Street)
- the place is "really nice!"
The Jackie Robinson Rotunda is tastefully done and a major step up from the concrete tunnels and ramps that used to greet fans at Shea Stadium. Robinson’s values are inscribed around the top, along with a quote:
“A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.”
His No. 42 stands in giant blue plastic in the middle and, earlier today, there was already a crowd squeezing by to have their picture taken with it.
I'll post pictures as they roll in.