Maryland was one of the few upsets on day one of the NCAA tournament. Hope no one missed Friday as there were a ton more upsets finishing with two OT games that were unbelievable.
The second round on Saturday will be very big for several of the underdogs as many will win and become everybody's Cinderella team. Today Craig Trapp from CT sports Picks has Maryland as one of those teams that can not only cover ATS but also upset Memphis and become a great Cinderella story.
Let's look at trends and records for these two teams!
Make sure you come to CT Sports Picks.com and check out Craig's new Video Player where you can get all of his video free plays daily!!
- Maryland: 21-13 SU, 16-10-2 ATS
- Memphis: 32-3 SU, 20-12-2 ATS
- Terrapins are 5-0 ATS in their last five neutral site games.
- Terrapins are 4-0 ATS in their last four games overall.
- Terrapins are 4-1 ATS in their last five games as an underdog.
- Tigers are 14-5 ATS in their last 19 games overall.
- Tigers are 12-5 ATS in their last 17 games as a favorite.
Greivis Vasquez picked up 27 points on Thursday afternoon as No. 10 Maryland rolled to an 84-71 win over No. 7 California in the first round of the NCAA Tournament. Vasquez has been almost unstoppable in the last five games and Memphis even though very solid on defense will still struggle to stop him.
Don't buy into the hype of Memphis they have not beat anybody for the last two months playing in a very weak Conference USA. Memphis was upset about a No. 2 seed but after this loss on Saturday will have nothing to cry about. Enjoy the big upset here. SCORE MARY 70 - MEM 68