Fight fans, we are back in the ring next week at the fight capital of the world: Las Vegas!
We are already half through the HBO Pacquiao/Marquez 4 24/7 series. Which means the big fourth match of Pacquiao vs. Marquez is just around the corner taking place at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas and can be seen live on HBO pay-per-view on Saturday, December 8th, 2012.
So, just like we did in our last collaboration piece for the Manny Pacquiao vs. Timothy Bradley fight—working in concert with deputy editor Scott Campbell and the Bleacher Report editorial team—we will once again do our ritual collaboration prediction piece, where we will celebrate the most accurate prediction that was first submitted to the Boxing Community Leader, KING J, via private message.
We will accept your official prediction statements only via private message to the Boxing Community Leader: KING J.
Here are the requirements to participate in this collaboration prediction contest piece and qualify to win.
Who Is Eligible?
Just as we did in our previous collaboration official prediction articles, as the boxing community leader, I will open this Pacquiao/Marquez prediction piece up to any featured columnist from any sports community here at Bleacher Report.
We will also open up the eligibility to any boxing community writers who are currently in the top 15 rankings. Writers should be consistently contributing to the boxing community via strong pieces and should be consistently active in commenting on boxing community articles.
If you are not currently ranked in the top 15 boxing writers rankings in the boxing community, then start writing and contributing articles to the boxing community right now and climb the ranks.
1. You must be a featured columnist of ANY sports community here at Bleacher Report.
2. If you are not a featured columnist at Bleacher Report, you must be a member of the boxing community and a writer in good standing and currently ranked in the top 15 in boxing writing rankings in the boxing community (if you are not currently ranked in the top 15 rankings, then get writing right now!).
3. You must have a real photo of yourself as your profile picture. (I explained in the past why this is a must; also, we will include your profile picture next to your name only if you are in compliance.)
4. If you are a member of the boxing community, you must successfully complete a minimum of one boxing writing idea assignment assigned by deputy editor Scott Campbell prior to submitting your official prediction statement. If you are not on Scott's weekly assignment email list, please contact Scott to be added to that list (we will confirm if you have completed one or more of Scott's weekly assignments in order to qualify to win the prizes).
5. Your official prediction statement must be anywhere from one to six sentences in length, completed and private messaged to the boxing community leader NO LATER THAN Monday, December 3rd at 12 p.m. Pacific Time in order for it to be included in our collaboration piece.
6. If you would like to plug your individual sites or blogs, go ahead and write verbatim how you would like it to read. For example: "Jim Bob Featured Columnist, Jim Bob's Boxing Blog Editor."
Also, if you would like to include links to your previous Pacquiao/Marquez articles that would further break down or elaborate your prediction, then definitely do so.
How to Win
The most accurate prediction—meaning the closest prediction to the actual result of this fight—will win.
So if you are going for a decision, you must include your actual scorecard as well. For example: "Pacquiao Unanimous Decision 118-110." Or if you are going for a KO, for example: "Marquez KO/TKO Round 11."
If several of you select the same exact prediction, then the winner will be the first writer to submit your prediction to me via private message and who meet all of the aforementioned requirements.
If none of you predict the exact result, then the winner will be the the closest writer to the exact result.
The prizes this time will be some form of B/R swag, and of course more importantly, the official bragging rights that you have been declared the official Boxing Prediction Contest champion.
So there you have it, fight fans and boxing experts. Get your official prediction statements private messaged to me no later than Monday, December 3rd, and again—the sooner the better.
Special Congratulations and Props Are In Order Too
Blake Dreisbach, Dave Carlson, Stewart Flaherty, Justin Tate, Brian Mazique and Mick Ackers are all former champions in the Boxing Prediction Contests and are looking to become two-time champions!
If there are any further questions/comments/concerns, please feel free to contact me.
Best of luck to everyone. Let's show the world that we are once again boxing experts and win these prizes!
KING J is the Bleacher Report Boxing Community Leader and a Featured Columnist.
Follow on Twitter: @KingJ323
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!