Ohio State will take its 11-0 record into the final game of the season against archrival Michigan, and win or lose, the Buckeyes will look good while they play.
Nike has made new alternate uniforms for OSU’s showdown with the Wolverines, according to Jason Priestas of ElevenWarriors.com. Priestas provided a breakdown of the gear.
- Scarlet jerseys with large gray numbers on front and back of the jersey and most noticeably on the shoulder pads;
- Gray pants with wider piping down the sides;
- Black stripe around the jersey sleeves;
- Seven Buckeye leaves along the back collar and a Block “O” on the front collar; and
- Wider scarlet, white and black stripes on a dull chrome helmet.
He also notes that the uniforms evoke the ones worn by the school in the late 60s and are meant to remember the 1968 team that won a national championship.
This carries on a recent tradition, as Brandon Castel of TheOzone.net notes that this is the third time that the Buckeyes will have a fresh look for The Game in the past four years.
A throwback uniform is fitting for this matchup, as few rivalries have as much history. The battles between these schools have been raging for over a century, and this year’s edition will be another fantastic football game.
This will be the final contest of the year for the Buckeyes due to their bowl ban for the season, and there would be no better way to end this year than with a win against the Wolverines.
If they are able to accomplish this, Nike will have already done its part by making sure they will be able to celebrate in style.