Milwaukee Brewers: In the News (3/18)
Tuesday’s Game: Giants 7, Brewers 5
- Jeff Suppan continues his up and down spring tossing five innings of one-hit ball. The performance, however, was nullified by the continuation of Carlos Villanueva’s poor spring. Villanueva blew the save and gave up five runs.
- With the rash of oblique and intercostal injuries to MLB players, Tom Haudricourt decided to visit WebMD (I’m guessing) and help us all out in giving us more details about the two muscles. Gee, thanks Tom.
- Speaking of…Ryan Braun doesn’t think his injury is a “big deal.” You think Mat Gamel and Braun hang out much? As “minor” as it may be, an injury of any severity to Ryan Braun is a big deal.
- Brad Nelson is looking to break camp on the 25-man roster this year. The situation is new to Brad, and besides cooling down in the past week, he has put together a nice Spring Training thus far.
- The Brewers designated Rule-5 draft pick Eduardo Morlan and picked up pitcher Wes Littleton off waivers from the Red Sox.
- Blog What’s a Tararrel? has a post about the past and current Brewers logos. It’s really not worth reading. They state the new logo is “godawful,” which I personally think is ridiculous. You know what’s godawful? The prior logo. Also, get over it. Yeah, we all love the Ball-In-Glove logo, but….get over it.
- Jesse at Bleacher Report continues his recent series and tells us what he expects out of Mike Cameron this year. I definitely agree that Cameron is the Brewers best option out in center.
- There are several new Brewers interviews over at SportsRadio1250.com.
- Brewers top catching prospect Angel Salome is continuing to experience back spasms. Hopefully this is cleared up soon. It would be nice for Salome to have another full year in the minors and hopefully/possibly start the 2010 season as the Brewers’ number one catcher. You gotta love that bat.
- I’m going to go ahead and go out on a limb and say that the Cardinals will miss the playoffs for the second straight year.
- Derrek Lee has sucked this spring. I’d consider this good news, but I don’t really care because it’s only Spring Training. Unfortunately, I’m sure he’ll be fine.
- Apparently Big Lou is getting “anxious” over the overall poor performance of the Cubs offense this spring. Next step: veins poppin’.
- Carlos Zamrano is a White Sox fan…several Cubs fans have heart attacks.
- David Wright just hit a walk-off, two-run single for Team USA to send Puerto Rico home in the World Baseball Classic. What a good game. Off to the semi’s for Team USA. Hopefully Braun will legitimately be OK to play in the Semi’s.
- Buster Olney lists Cole Hamels as the most indespensible player in MLB. Ryan Braun is listed as an honorable mention. And Gallardo makes the list as well.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?