The Phillies got rocked by the Yankees Monday at Steinbrenner Field, 12-0. It wasn’t pretty. Sloppy defense (two errors) and lack of hitting (six hits; 0-for-3 with men in SP) irked Phils’ manager Charlie Manuel.
“We made mistakes,” Charlie said. “We made a helluva lot of [bleepin’] mistakes.”
“I think any game like that pisses you off and the best thing you can do is [bleepin'] get out there and get on that [bleepin’] bus and forget about that sonofabitch. That was a horse[bleep] [bleepin’] game and if I played in a [bleepin’] game like that, I’d definitely [bleepin’] take some good inventory of myself. That was a horse[bleep][ bleepin’] game. They don’t get much worse than that. It was terrible.”
Here’s edition number two of Link it Up!, a weekly feature on PhilliePhanatics.org, my blog, where I share stories of importance, humor, or interest with you. I encourage you to follow the links an read the stories…I promise they won’t disappoint.
I try to read every story out there, but that’s impossible. So if you see a story that just needs to be read by everyone, please submit it for Link it Up! consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is Link it Up!
1) Paul Hagen ponders what Jayson Werth needs to prove: Philadelphia Daily News
2) A pragmatic look at why the Phillies won it all in ‘08: Beerleaguer
3) Amanda Orr’s injury report: Swing and a Long Drive
4) Werth’s health reveals little outfield depth: Balls, Sticks, & Stuff
5) John Finger is first to report Utley played: CSNPhilly.com
6) A funny new sidebar tracker, and a Kyle Kendrick Match.com profile: We Should Be GMs
7) Ryan Howard signs the mark left by his press-box screamer: The Zo Zone
8.) A grand farewell to America’s Showplace: The Recliner GM
9) Eaton is delusional, The Fightins won’t hear it: The Fightins
10) Pat’s ad keeps the man-crush alive: The Shibe Times
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!