Milwaukee Brewers News for March 12
Today’s Game: White Sox 6, Brewers 2
- The Brewers dropped their game today against the White Sox. Dave Bush pitched very solid, giving up only a couple hits over four innings. Casey McGehee continued making a case to make the big league team.
- Apparently Braden Looper is back on track to be part of the starting rotation when Spring Training breaks. That’s good news. Those oblique injuries can linger though, so hopefully the reports ring true, and he shows no signs of the injury once the season comes around. More here.
- David Riske made his first spring appearance today after undergoing elbow surgery this offseason. Riske gave up a home run on his first pitch. Ouch. Might as well cut him, right?
- Is it too much to expect 30 games, nearly 200 innings, and a lower ERA for Manny Parra in 2009? I don’t think so. He’ll have to at least hit those marks if the Brewers are going to surprise some people and make the playoffs for the second straight year.
- Apparently the Brewers blog world Hardy vs. Escobar debate is still on. Bernies Crew compared J.J. Hardy’s minor league stats to Alcides Escobar’s. They are pretty close, but Hardy’s are slightly better.
I’ve posted my opinion on a couple blogs. In short, I’m torn, but ultimately I don’t see the point in trading a solid, established major leaguer for an unproven prospect. My opinion especially rings true seeing as Escobar is another Scott Boras client. Yeah, I know the Crew will have exclusive rights for many years, but still.
No matter what, it’s a good “problem” to have.
- Suppan spent his off day Tuesday watching his alma mater play a baseball game. I don’t really care either.
- Bernie’s Crew analyzes the Cubs' offseason moves. By the numbers, the Cubs lost just over three games with their moves. I personally don’t think Milton Bradley will account for as much as Mark DeRosa. I guess we’ll find out.
- In case you missed it, Cubs closer-to-be Carlos Marmol melted down in today’s WBC game against the Netherlands. Some ask, “Is this a Cubs crisis already?” Really? It’s Spring Training. As much as I would love it to be, it’s not.
- Here is a quick NL Central preview from a Cardinals blog. They have the Brewers finishing fifth and going under .500.
- Have you played MLB 2K9 yet? Apparently it’s awesome! Check out this video, and look closely at who the outfielder is. (Warning: The video is not kid friendly or mother approved.)
- There’s been another Derrick Turnbow sighting. Man, I genuinely want this guy to succeed, but dang Derrick, stop doing this to yourself.
- One of the all-time Brewers favorites, Jim Gantner, is expected to return to the Wisconsin Woodchucks in some capacity this year. This article goes a little more into the Woodchucks.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?