It's the super-fight that mixed martial arts fans have been begging for. This is the biggest fight the UFC can possibly make right now. It would be the biggest fight in mixed martial arts history.
- - Anderson "The Spider" Silva has never lost in the UFC. He is riding a 17-fight UFC winning streak...the longest in UFC history.
- - Jonny "Bones" Jones has never truly lost a fight in his entire fighting career. Jones has seventeen career wins, zero losses and one great big asterisk by the name of Matt Hamill. Eleven of Jon's wins have come inside the UFC.
- - Both of them have faced the best challengers that the UFC could find for them and beaten them all soundly.
- - Both of them have the uncanny knack for making the best fighters on the planet look like amateurs.
- - Both finish opponents that are notoriously hard to finish and they do it with style.
- - Both have battled back from adversity in brilliant fashion.
- - Going into a fight showcasing either Anderson Silva or Jon Jones, you know that you're about to see something you've never seen before.
In this situation, Dana White can't just pull rank and tell them, "You're fighting, deal with it." These are two living legends. Both men can tell Dana White, "No" without any fear of the consequences.
You can't risk driving the two greatest fighters in all of mixed martial arts out of the UFC and into the arms of your competition.
Rather than making demands and setting ultimatums, the UFC must sell the fight to Jon Jones and Anderson Silva.
Here is how you do it: