Today’s Game: Giants 8, Brewers 6
- The Crew slipped to .500 in spring play with a loss to the Giants today. Manny Parra looked stud-like, pitching four scoreless innings. Rule 5 draft pick Eduardo Morlan got lit up. Casey McGehee stayed hot going 2-2 with a home run.
- Great news for Craig Counsell. Apparently he could win a visit from a real life Milwaukee Brewers player. He’ll have to ask Mr. Cameron if it’s okay though.
- Many JSOnline blog commentors would be surprised that Mike Cameron helped make the Brewers one of the best defenses in baseball last season. (Yes, I have to throw in a dig every few posts) It’s figured that he saved 15 runs for the Brewers in center field last season. The Crew will look to Cameron to lead the team defensively again this coming season.
- Here is more on the rumored marital problems of Brewers top prospect Alcides Escobar. This has gotten all around the “blog world” and obviously there are issues with the situation and Escobar’s estranged wife. All I’ll say is that Escobar seems to be very much loved by all his coaches and teammates and we should all give him the benefit of the doubt.
- Jorge Says No! has 5 things to look forward to this year. They forgot Johnny headbutting Bryan over an intense Pokemon arguement and Jared’s drunken wedding. Damn them!
- I wish I worked for the Brewers. Perhaps then I would be cool.
- Yesterday JSOnline ran a story about J.J. Hardy’s apparent unwillingness to move postions to make room for super-prospect Alcides Escobar. True Blue Brew Crew stated in a blog that they’d rather have JJ Hardy. I chimed in with my (not so clear) opinion. What do you guys think?
- Don’t forget about Cole Gillespie. Wait…huh? Isn’t he the host of Wisconsin Waters and Woods? I kid I kid. Dang.
- In case you missed it this last weekend, check out the little video Jared put together. And you thought the Brewers had a tight locker room.
- With no help from Vinny Rottino or Mark DiFelice, Team Italy upset Team Canada today in the World Baseball Classic to stay alive.