Marquette to Receive the Glass Slipper
With the economy in a recession the price of gold has sky rocketed to make up for falling prices. The price of gold going up brings a ong another form of gold, the Marquette Golden Eagles, who will grab on to that rising stock and make a run to the Sweet 16 and maybe beyond.
Why the Golden Eagles you ask? It's simple really:
1. The South Region is weak. Memphis does not impress me or scare me. Their record is deceiving; they did not play a tough schedule. Memphis also does not have a serious post threat.
I know guard play is what wins the National Champioship, but without a post player to open up the lanes, guard play is irrelevant. Pittsburgh is going to be a tough out but they have notoriously crumbled in "the dance" under tightly refereed games. The best team in the region is Texas, I don't have anything negative against Texas, but this is about a Cinderella team, so Marquette has to upset someone.
2. They have great guard play. Jerel McNeal and Dominic James lead the Golden Eagles in scoring averaging 14.3 and 13.0 respectively. Wesley Matthews, another key guard, is the fourth leading scorer on the team at 11.2 per game. The three also average 3.6, 4.3 and 1.7 assists per game.
3. They have post threat. Lazar Hayward's average line looks a little something this, 13.0 pts, 6.5 rebs per game. With play like that in the paint, the guards get more open looks and more open looks means Sweet 16 hear come the Golden Eagles.
4. They are battle-tested. Marquette finished fifth in the Big East: a conference which is sending eight teams to the tournament. That tough schedule has prepared them for a nice tourney run.
5. Finally, D-Wade played there, and he is awesome. Following that logic, the Golden Eagles from Marquette University are awesome and will do some major damage in the NCAA Tournament.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?