Little late, but college will do that to you at times. Here is the REAL NASCAR Nationwide Series Standings after Race Three.
1) Brendan Gaughan (R) 407—Coming off his second consecutive top 10 (seventh), Gaughan was one of four rookies to finish in the top 10 at Las Vegas.
2) Jason Leffler (-53)—Leffler was the highest scoring Nationwide driver, and also earned Nationwide drivers their first top five of the season (fourth).
3) Jason Keller (-64)—Keller's ended early due to a single car wreck on the backstretch. Despite the wreck, Keller retains a position in the top five of the Nationwide Series points.
4) Michael McDowell (R) (-81)—Having the best day of his young Nationwide career, the former Sprint Cup driver eased his Camry home to a sixth place finish, enough to vault him up to fourth in the standings.
5) Kenny Wallace (-96)—Another solid run saw Wallace keep the nose of his US Border Patrol Chevy clean as he came away with his best finish of the year (14th).
6) Justin Allgaier (R) (-96)—In just his seventh career Nationwide Series starts, the young Allgaier secured his first top 10 finishing, bring his Verizon Charger home eighth.
7) Mike Bliss (-102)—To say Bliss had a bad day would be the understatement of the weekend. With a monkey attached to the back of the Miccosukee Resort and Gaming Impala, Bliss limped home to a 22nd place finish.
8) Scott Lagasse, Jr (R) (-108)—One of the pleasant surprises of the season thus far, Lagasse had yet another strong run scoring his first career top 10 finish.
9) Tony Raines (-119)—A former Cup driver, Raines earned his team their best ever finish, coming home 15th. Word has it the team celebrated with a bucket of popcorn shrimp.
10) Morgan Shepherd (-131)—The ageless Shepherd makes an appearance inside the Nationwide top 10 by virtue of a 13th place run at Las Vegas. It was the second consecutive top 20 finish for Shepherd, proving that at age 67, he can still race.
Created a full standing's list, courtesy of Racing-Reference.info
As an addition this week, I have included Nationwide Series Standings for the Cup drivers competing this season. They are, of course, not eligible for the Nationwide Championship.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!