I'm going to attempt to do this more frequently as we get closer to Selection Sunday. Click here for my latest projections through Tuesday's games:
The last four in were:
- Virginia Tech (17-11)- The Hokies have struggled of late as their ACC schedule has gotten tougher. They don't have any solid non-conference wins, so their games this week against UNC and Florida State are critical.
- Kentucky (19-10) - After falling to South Carolina and LSU last week, it was down to UK and Florida for the final SEC bid. Kentucky got the nod based on their head-to-head victory over the Gators and better non-conference wins.
- Minnesota (20-8) - The Gophers' swoon continued last week, and they will need to win at least one of their games this week versus Wisconsin and Michigan to remain in the tournament.
- St. Mary's (24-5) - Patty Mills is due back for the WCC tournament, and if he plays and gets them to the title game I think the Gaels are in. With him in the lineup, they are clearly one of the top 65 teams in the country.
The last four out were:
- Providence (18-11) - Last week's victory over Pitt was obviously huge, but outside of that and a home win against Syracuse, the Friars lack marquee wins. Four of their losses are against teams I don't have in the field of 65.
- New Mexico (20-10) - The Lobos picked up another big home win on Tuesday by defeating Utah. They are now tied for first in the Mountain West, but non-conference losses to Creighton, Central Florida, VCU, Drake, Texas Tech, and UTEP are holding them back.
- Florida (21-8) - The Gators didn't have a great showing at home versus Tennessee last Sunday and are short on quality wins. They need to beat UK this weekend to be considered.
- Michigan (18-12) - They likely would have replaced Minnesota if they had beaten Wisconsin on Sunday, but the Wolverines now sit at 8-9 in the Big Ten. Knocking off Minnesota this week could get them back in though.
Also considered: Maryland, Texas A&M, Rhode Island, San Diego State
Let me know your thoughts at Bottoms@rotoexperts.comand check back for updated brackets leading up to the tournament. Also be sure to check out our college hoops show on blogtalkradio.com with John Gasaway of BasketballProspectus.com, airing Mondays at 9:00 Eastern.