While the fourth preseason game may seem like the least important of the four games, it is more important for the Chicago Bears 53-man roster than in years past.
Underlying stories for tonight's game include:
- Anthony Walters will be getting the most game reps in at the safety position tonight, can he play at a high enough level to prove that legitimately belongs in the 53-man roster? Would Walters make the roster were it not for the season-ending injury to Brandon Hardin?
- At wide receiver can Dane Sanzenbacher have a big game at both wide receiver and on special teams and prove he belongs on the roster as the sixth wide receiver? Sanzenbacher's play tonight could very well dictate whether the Bears keep five or six receivers.
- Linebacker depth still is a concern, with the Bears waiving the injured Dom DeCicco, J.T. Thomas and Blake Costanzo need to prove they're competent backups who could potentially be counted on.
- Of course there is still the unsettled situation at offensive tackle where neither J'Marcus Webb nor Chris Williams has come out as the starter. Their play will be under the microscope for the fourth and final week.
- The third and final running back roster spot battle between Lorenzo Booker and Armando Allen. This one is going down to the wire and while it may not seem important, we found out quickly last year that this battle DOES matter.
Keep your browser locked onto this blog for the night as we find out the answer to all these questions.
D.Sanzenbacher 30 yd. touchdown pass from J.McCown (R.Gould kick is good) Drive: 1 plays, 30 yards in 0:08.
Bears TD- A.Allen 11 yd. touchdown pass from J.McCown (R.Gould kick is good) Drive: 5 plays, 44 yards in 2:14.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!