Thursday’s Game: Brewers 4, Cubs 7
(Spring Training) Record: 0-1-1
- Yovani Gallardo and Seth McClung each struggled with walks in limited time Thursday. Mikes Rivera and Cameron each tallied solo homers, but Milwaukee’s pitching woes proved too costly - as Chicago won. Luckily it’s just Spring Training and games mean nothing. Phew!
- JS fluff feature on Trot Nixon and/or Chris Duffy’s chances of making the team: I said Nixon in the roundtable, but I’d prefer Duffy (of the two).
- Speaking of hack outfielders, Tony Gwynn Jr. says he won’t miss a month due to injury, calling his ailment “day to day.”
- Brew Crew Ball asks “What’s Tony Gwynn Jr.’s Upside?”: That’s a trick question, right?
- The Brewers signed Manny Parra, Tony Gwynn Jr., Chase Wright and Hernan Iribarren Thursday: Expected but necessary moves.
- The Junkball Blue says Dave Bush was lucky in 2008.
- Ken Macha is rumored to be intending to pair backup catcher Mike Rivera with a starter to decrease Jason Kendall’s workload. Rotoworld predicts Parra might be Rivera’s batterymate if this plan is put into action.
- Single game tickets go on sale Saturday: These asshats are getting in on the festivities that allow them to wait in line to purchase something.
- Bernie’s Crew projects the Timber Rattlers lineup: That team looks good.
- Cardinals apparently hope to keep Albert Pujols in St. Louis forever: Luckily he’s probably 50 by now, so it won’t be too much longer… sh*tty Dominican birth records.
- Man-Ram turned down L.A’s offer… again: The offer was reportedly in the neighborhood of a 2-year/$45M deal. It must be nice.
Check out RFB on facebook. Be our friend, buy our shirts and interact. Have a tip top weekend.