SPRING TRAINING GAMES START TODAY! Brewers vs. Athletics. Suppan vs. Outman.
In other news:
- Braun might play the whole day to get ready for the WBC and Trevor Hoffman is scheduled to make his debut.
- By the way, Macha knows the high expectations for the Brewers this year and if you don’t know much about him or his temperment yet, read this.
- Corey Hart said he was too tired at the end of the season and that’s what caused the slump. He’s also focused on proving people wrong. Kind of like how the fans proved you wrong when you said we don’t stand up for the players.
- Hardy homered in the intrasquad game and Lawrie got some time in at second base.
- Ok Ok, this one is a real banger!
Craig Counsell is all like, older, and Vinny Rottino is like, not, so Craig totally gets one over on Vinny.
Check this out, Counsell didn’t want to break in his glove and he was all like, “Yo, Vinny, Give me your glove, beeotch” and Vinny was all like “Ah Sh*t Dawg, does I gots to?” So Craig got like all red and sh*t and starting like whining, I don’t really know but it’s what I heard.
Anyway, he ended up totally getting Rottino’s glove and it was like such a big deal or something ’cause Vinny had to use a glove that, wait for it….WASN’T BROKEN IN!!!!! AWH SNAPPITY SNAP SNAP!!!! Pssht.
That’ll teach that rook…er…minor leaguer not to mess with the mini-CC.
Seriously, is this worth reporting?
- Tyler will not approve, but the Brewers already sent four players to the minors (red tagged em?) including Jason Bourgeois and Martin “Not Candy” Maldonado.
- Bleacher Report has 11 guys that need to come through. Rickie Weeks is listed as the second baseman who needs to come through and absolutely no Brewer fan disagrees with that.
- I’m liking this Miller Park Drunk post about how terrible Corey Hart’s batting music is. Maybe he was tired of his song like I was and that’s why he slumped in September.
- Short White Guys believe that the loss of CC and Sheets will be too much to overcome.
- BareKnucks also aren’t crazy about the starting pitching. But then they ask for Odalis Perez and Randy Wolf? Wolf is back with LA, but I wouldn’t take either over Looper or McClung.
- Brian Anderson lets the “New Guy,” Corey Provus introduce himself. Nice, but we were first!
- You like-a the old MB logo? High Five-ah!!
- Want home opener tickets? Really really want home opener tickets? Want them so bad, you’d let someone poke you in the arm and drain you of your life fluid (for a good cause) just to have a chance at winning tickets? Then go to a BloodCenter of Wisconsin.
Baseball America has their Top 100 prospects out!
1-20 (Brewers: 19, Alcides Escobar)
21-40 (Brewers: 34, Mat Gamel)
41-60 (No Brewers)
61-80 (No Brewers)
81-100 (Brewers: 81, Brett Lawrie 100, Jeremy Jeffress)
The T-Rats have a cool opportunity on April 8th. For $30, you could eat dinner with the new T-Rats at the Wave Bar and Ballroom (For a $300 table, they’ll even send one to sit with you). Gord Ash is the featured guest.
Carlos Zambrano might pitch in the WBC. That’s fine with me—I’m up for some spring training/WBC tantrums.
There’s still time to send in your contest entry for a chance to win a free shirt. Just need your top four choices, who you think will win, how many votes will be cast (last year there was 3000 total throughout the voting, so take that how you will), your name and address.
Ben Hendrickson sighting! (Twins)
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!