- It looks as though Jason Kendall will get a bit more time off this coming season. Macha plans on giving him at least a day off a week. This means some more time for backup Mike Rivera. More HERE.
- New Brewers closer, all-time saves leader, Trevor Hoffman isn’t on the best of terms with his former employer. An interesting read, and based on the reader comments, Hoffman isn’t all that popular in San Diego right now. Oh well. You’re loss, our gain. More HERE.
- Cory Provus was officially named Jim Powell’s replacement today. For those of you freaking out because he’s a Cubs fan…relax. It’s a job. Powell was a huge Braves fan. Provus won’t be cheering Cubs home runs in the box. He’s a professional. I hate the Cubs as much as anyone, but come on. More HERE.
- Keeping with the streak of broadcaster links, here are a couple videos of Trenni’s replacement, Telly Hughes. He’s pretty cute, I guess.
- With the signing of Braden Looper, Seth McClung became the odd man out of the starting rotation. The Brewers will continue to stretch him out as a starter in Spring Training, and there’s no doubt that Seth will still be a key component of the Brewers.
- Position players aren’t yet required to report for Spring Training, but all Brewers are there except for three.
- Prince Fielder has showed up to camp looking slimmer. Good to hear.
- MSNBC has previews for each of MLB’s teams. Here is their Brewers preview.
- Here is another preview.
- Beyond the Box Score’s Graph of the Day.
Rumors and Speculation
- Could the Brewers be interested in Jason Isringhausen? I’m not sure how I would feel about that.
- And now for what everyone has been waiting for…the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers have announced their official pizza for this coming season: Palermo’s. Good choice.
- Cubs manager Lou Piniella might move Alfonso Soriano out of the lead-off spot. I wonder why now?