2009 Spring Training Updates & Photos…
This is what went down today down in Tampa: (The LoHud Yankees Blog)
· Chien-Ming Wang threw in the bullpen and felt no pain in his right foot. CMW said his foot felt “tight” when he started throwing off the mound this year but that sensation has gone away. He rides a bike for his conditioning instead of running. He would prefer to run but that will be a few weeks away.
· Andrew Brackman threw in the bullpen as well. No, there was no radar gun. But Jose Molina (who caught him) and the Yankees people who watched were all quite impressed. “Outstanding,” third base coach Rob Thomson said.
I just did a little math. Counting college, Cape Cod League, Team USA and the Hawaii Winter League, Brackman has thrown a grand total of 193 innings since 2005. So don’t expect him in the Bronx any time soon. The good news is that he’s only 23. “I just need to pitch,” he said.
· Joe Girardi mentioned that he wants to carry a long reliever. But it would hurt the development of Phil Hughes or Ian Kennedy to use them in such a fashion. “Those guys need innings,” the manager said. Hughes and I had a little talk about it. “The paychecks would be great but that’s not what I need,” he said. “I’m good with pitching in AAA if that is what happens and being ready for when they need me.”
You watch, he’ll get 10-15 starts in the majors this season.
· Jorge Posada went through his throwing program today. Girardi watched part of it and said the ball came out his hands well and “sounded good in the air.”
· When CC Sabathia came into the clubhouse today, he had a parking pass in his back pocket. Apparently the security guards aren’t sure who he is.
· Girardi said he spoke to A-Rod. The third baseman is eager to get started playing baseball.
more photos can be seen here:
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?