1. Rashad Evans - Rashad is the current Light heavy weight champion, defeating Forrest Griffin in December. He is currently undefeated and the season 2 winner of the ultimate fighter.
2. Quinton Jackson - Rampage is 3-1 in the UFC with his only loss coming via controversial decision to Forrest Griffin. He is coming off a vicious KO over Wanderlei. Jackson is currently scheduled to fight Keith Jardine, if victorious he will recieve a title shot.
3. Lyoto Machida - Machida sports a record of 14-0. He is coming off a first round KO of Thiago Silva. Machida will be granted a title shot if Quinton Jackson loses his upcoming fight.
4. Forrest Griffin - Former UFC champ and season 1 winner of the ultimate fighter, Forrest Griffin is one of the most beloved fighters in the octagon. He is coming off a third round TKO to Rashad Evans and will be out until the summer with a broken hand.
5. Mauricio Rua - Shogun used to be the number 1 lightheavy weight in the world however a loss to Forrest Griffin changed all that. Rua is coming off a third round TKO of Mark Coleman and is scheduled to fight Chuck Liddell in April.
6. Rich Franklin - Franklin is a former middleweight champion and a coach on season two of the ultimate fighter. He recently lost a split decision to Dan Henderson.
7. Thiago Silva - Out of his 13 victories 10 of them have come via knockout. He is currently coming off a first round KO to Lyoto Machida
8. Wanderlei Silva - Silva is a former Pride middleweight champ. He has had some bad luck in the UFC going 2-1 since his return.
9. Keith Jardine - Jardine is quite inconsistent in the UFC and is coming off of a split decision victory over Brandon Vera. He is scheduled to fight Rampage Jackson in March.
10. Chuck Liddell - Liddell is a former light heavyweight champ who has gone 1-3 in his last 4 fights. He will be fighting Shogun Rua in April.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!