Bradley Will Be Tough but That Won't Be Nearly Enough Against Pacquiao
Stephen Dunn/Getty Images
Let's get straight to the point: Manny Pacquiao (54-3-2, 38 KO's) will defeat Timothy Bradley (28-0, 12 KO's) when they square off on June 9.
If you are not a hoops fan and do not get my analogy, just expect a clear Pacquiao victory but not a total wipeout because Bradley:
- Is an undefeated Ring champion, albeit at a weight class south (140 lb.) of Pacquiao's. However, as we have seen many times before, an undefeated fighter is often damn hard to defeat.
- Has a very solid chin. Sure, he's been knocked down before (like Pac Man), but he's always gotten up and has never been stopped. That will bode well for him in this fight, as he surely will taste some hellacious punches.
- Is not really much smaller than Pacquiao. Standing at an identical 5'6" and with a two-inch reach advantage (69" to Pacquiao's 67"), the muscular Bradley will not be physically overwhelmed here.
- Has great "wind." If he passes the "chin test" that Manny will put him through, he shouldn't have a problem fighting briskly over 12 rounds. Next to Floyd Mayweather and Pacquiao, few champions can match Bradley's stamina.
- Is a natural counter-puncher. Look no further than Juan Manuel Marquez to see how and why counter-punchers give Pacquiao fits. Sure, Bradley is no Marquez, but he's no pushover either.
Although I gave five compelling reasons why Timothy Bradley will give Manny Pacquiao some trouble when they meet in a few weeks, I'm not crazy enough to pick him to win the fight.
He'll be able to find solace in the fact that he will be somewhat competitive with the Pac Man, but Bradley will ultimately succumb via late technical knockout loss.
Although I'm obviously in an NBA playoffs state of mind, Pacquiao-Bradley will serve as a brief reprieve for me. Let's hope it lives up to Heat-Thunder (yes, that's my NBA Finals prediction, in case you guessed).
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?