Theirry Henry is more than just the best player for the New York Red Bulls. He's the team's leader. He's the Red Bulls' general. And he's the face of the franchise.
But right now, the Red Bulls are winning without their best player, and it's been great to watch the fight the team has.
Another team grinding out results is Real Salt Lake (no surprise there). The Royals went into Seattle and showed what they're made of.
1. Real Salt Lake (8-3-1, 26 pts.) - Real Salt Lake shows up for the big games. Not many teams will go into Seattle and hold the Sounders scoreless like RSL did.
2. Seattle Sounders (7-2-1, 19 pts.) - Losing at home is a shocker for Seattle against any opponent.
3. San Jose Earthquakes (7-2-1, 22 pts.) - Drawing with Chivas was a tough blow for San Jose as it tried to surpass Real Salt Lake to get the top spot in the West again.
5. Vancouver Whitecaps (5-3-2, 17 pts.) - Vancouver got run off the field by New England on Saturday, but Martin Rennie admitted to leaving veteran players behind on the short week. The loss will be forgotten if the Whitecaps can beat Toronto on Wednesday in the Canadian Cup Final.
6. Sporting Kansas City (7-3-0, 21 pts.) - The unstoppable juggernaut that was Sporting Kansas City has now lost three in a row.
7. Houston Dynamo (3-2-2, 11 pts.) - The opening of BBVA Compass Field got a good show from the home side.
8. D.C. United (5-4-3, 18 pts.) - Let's be honest, D.C. United never had a chance going into Houston for the unveiling of the Dynamo's new stadium.
9. Chicago Fire (4-2-2, 14 pts.) - Chicago is showing the kind of form it had at the end of last season and almost sneaked into the playoffs. Beating Kansas City was a big lift for the Fire.
10. Montreal Impact (3-5-3, 12 pts.) - David Beckham's free kick kept Montreal from getting three important points at home.
11. New England Revolution (4-6-0, 12 pts.) - Lee Nguyen stole the show, but it was a total team effort from the Revolution on Saturday night to dismantle a strong Whitecaps team.
12. Colorado Rapids (5-5-0, 15 pts.) - Colorado gets to make the journey to RFK Stadium on Wednesday after getting the weekend off.
13. Columbus Crew (3-4-2, 11 pts.) - The Crew came back and beat a struggling FC Dallas side.
14. Los Angeles Galaxy (3-5-2, 11 pts.) - The Galaxy should be thanking big, bad Beckham today for his free kick.
15. Chivas USA (3-6-1, 10 pts.) - Getting a point from San Jose was a nice boost for the Goats.
16. FC Dallas (3-6-3, 12 pts.) - Dallas made a meal of this week. Losing to the Crew was the tougher of the loss, though.
17. Portland Timbers (2-5-2, 8 pts.) - Portland needed the time off to continue to figure things out. Going to Houston on Tuesday won't be easy, though.
18. Philadelphia Union (2-6-1, 7 pts.) - Freddy Adu put on a great show until he was shown a red card. The youth revolution in Philadelphia is not turning out the way a lot of people expected.
19. Toronto FC (0-8-0, 0 pts.) - The Canadian Cup Final on Wednesday is a must-win.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!