After telling Brock Lesnar that his new contract demands would not be acknowledged on Raw SuperShow last week, Triple H joined John Cena after falling victim to the dangerous Kimura submission hold of Lesnar that ended up breaking the left arm of the COO of the WWE.
With the Game making appearances this past weekend at a Criss Angel show, along with the huge Floyd Mayweather-Miguel Cotto fight in Las Vegas, the WWE was left scrambling trying to keep up with the apparent arm injury of the Game on Twitter and WWE.com.
In the aforementioned article on the company’s website, Triple H said the following in his first comments on how the storyline suffered after being attacked by Lesnar last Monday.
"It wasn't just one thing that was broken," said Triple H. "It's complex and that's why there's misinformation.”
"I have to be able to take the brace on and off [to rehab]. Trust me, it was the last thing I wanted to wear while I was in Vegas trying to have a good time."
Like I mentioned in a previous article this weekend, the WWE thought up some very weak excuses in trying to keep up with the kayfabe broken arm with the arm brace to having him in a sling at the Mayweather fight on Saturday.
While most fans don’t believe the current injury storyline, the broken arm angle for Triple H is a great way to start the buildup for a match between Lesnar and himself at SummerSlam later this year.
With Triple H likely not to be seen on television for several weeks, the feud could be put on the back burner through the first part of the summer and then cranked back up in the lead-up to the WWE’s second biggest event of the year.
After the classic match between Cena and Lesnar at Extreme Rules, the match between the two former champions has the potential to top the brutal contest later this year at SummerSlam.
With the storyline of the broken left arm of Triple H all but ruined this past weekend in Las Vegas, where do you see the potential feud between Brock Lesnar and the Game going moving forward when he returns to WWE television?