In the News (1/25)
- Melvin defends Weeks as a leadoff hitter. I think it’s pretty clear Rickie will be hitting at the top of the order again in ‘09.
- In-Between Hops says there is a 30 percent chance the Brewers could be the twelfth team in MLB history to have four 30 home run hitters and a 7 percent chance to be the first team to ever have five.
- Over 10,000 fans attended the On Deck event Saturday and more than 2,000 attended the Winter Warm-Up on Friday. Think fans are excited about the season (despite the free agency losses)? I was at the Warm-Up on Friday and it was a blast.
- Bill Schroeder, Darren Sutton and Doug Melvin have all chatted with 540 ESPN since Thursday and their interviews are archived HERE.
Rumors and Speculation
- Peter Gammons says Randy Wolf, Jon Garland and Braden Looper are all getting offers in the $5 million per year range, plus incentives and options. That seems like a very nice bargain. I hope the Brewers are at least kicking the tires on these guys still (especially Looper).
- The Diamond Hoggers comments on how ugly the Pirates are. Glad we’re not the only ones who noticed.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?