Were you a big Brock Lesnar fan who's not quite sure how to feel about his return to pro wrestling? Can't be in front of the television every Monday night, or unclear how to work a DVR despite it being 2012? Well, I've found my purpose in life, bringing you Brock Lesnar's WWE exploits weekly right here at Bleacher Report.
- After recapping Lesnar's triumphant return to the WWE last week, they waste little time bringing Lesnar out to the ring. He's there with John Laurinaitis, the new authority figure, which establishes Lesnar as a bad guy. The crowd hasn't quite caught on, as Lesnar is met with more cheers than boos. Lesnar has one goal—bringing legitimacy back to the WWE.
- Lesnar later comes back out for an interview with Josh Matthews. Lesnar tries to give himself a new nickname, "The War Machine," and tells Matthews that Cena couldn't hold his jock strap, as he proved it in the ring. (Lesnar Segment 2)
- The show ends with Lesnar, once again, getting the best of Cena. He sneaks up behind Cena after the WWE's biggest star won a squash, kicking him right in the nuts and F-5ing him. The show goes off the air with Cena lying helpless in the ring, (Lesnar Segment 3)
My Not So Humble Opinion:
- The segment played to Lesnar's strengths. He didn't have to talk much and got to takedown and punch someone in the face. He's probably loving this return. In two weeks, Lesnar hasn't taken a single bump and has dominated Cena.
- Lesnar's first promo since returning to the WWE went fairly well. Lesnar lets us know he's proud to be back in wrestling, just like he's proud of everything he does. It didn't blow anyone away, but it was perfectly respectable. It will get better as he gets back in the swing of things. (Segment 2)
- Has John Cena never watched wrestling before? Everyone in the building knew Lesnar would hit the ring. Everyone, except apparently, John Cena. They are really doing a good job building Lesnar back into a star. (Segment 3)
- First and foremost I'd like to thank you, Mr. Laurinaitis, for bringing credibility back to the WWE." (Segment 1)
- "A guy like John Cena? He thinks he's at the top. But he couldn't hold my jock strap in a million years." (Segment 2)
Classic Lesnar Moment of the Week:
Lesnar apologizes after talking trash to Frank Mir after their UFC 100 rematch.
What's next for Lesnar? Will Cena get his revenge? Will Lauriniatis serve as his mouthpiece going forward, or was that a one-time thing? And will Lesnar debut a t-shirt with sleeves? Stay tuned to this space for the latest in all things Brock Lesnar.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!