Milwaukee Brewers: In the News (Inauguration Edition)
- The Brewers have already reached the 1 million mark for ticket sales in 2009. This is the earliest ever. Good work people!
- As expected, Ryan Braun has made the Team USA provisional roster for the upcoming World Baseball Classic. He’s very likely to see playing time.
- Another dude thinks the Brewers should trade Prince, ASAP. As I’ve said on several past posts, I trust Doug Melvin. If he gets the right offer (which I doubt he will), the Brewers will part ways. I don’t think you do it otherwise. Yeah, he costs a lot. Yeah, he’s chubby. Yeah, tribal tattoos suck.
But I just don’t see his production going down before his free agent years. I also think he’s more likely to be traded after this coming season.
- So, pitchers and catchers report to Spring Training in 24 days. Brew Crew Ball is counting down in the form of their Brewer Advent Calendar. Jason Kendall is number 24.
- Ken Rosenthal’s latest article makes mention of some rumors related to the Brewers. Apparently the Giants contacted the Crew about (likely) Prince Fielder or Corey Hart, but that was ended quickly.
As we all know, I’m sure the Brewers asked for a high end starter. Matt Cain, I would guess. There’s also mention of the Brewers possibly bringing back Craig Counsell.
- So, from what I’ve read in a few places, Prince Fielder and agent Satan are likely to ask for $8 million in arbitration. We’ll find out for sure tomorrow.
- Tom Haudricourt has a Top 10 Brewers’ Prospects article on BaseballAmerica. I’m not a huge fan of Tom’s, but I really like this article. Well, it’s interesting anyway. Not only does he rank the top 10 prospects, but he goes into those prospects with the best tools, and a look back at past Brewers’ top prospects and draft picks.
Also, check out Tom’s projected 2012 lineup for the Crew.
- Here is a transcript of that chat that corresponds with Tom’s article.
- Brewerfan.net has a nice article about Brewers’ catching prospect Jonathan Lucroy. It talks about how Lucroy’s name was brought up as the PTBNL in the CC Sabathia trade. It also gives a good background on the kid.
- Brew Crew Ball has another Winter League Update. Check it out.
- The Cubs signed Japanese player Ken Kadokura to a minor league deal.
- Are the Phillies now looking at Mr. Ben Sheets? Could be. Are the Brewers looking at Mr. Ben Sheets? It’s my personal belief that if the Brewers are really completely uninterested in bringing Sheets back, there’s a good reason.
As it’s been stated before, they obviously have the most knowledge about Sheets’ past injuries. They certainly have the upper hand there. I just don’t feel great about this staff right now. Who does?
- The Orioles signed 25-year-old OF Nick Markakis to a six year $66 million extension. That’s, reportedly, $64,999,546 more than Johnny Rivers offered. I can safely say…Nick Markakis still make Johnny Rivers’ booty shakis.
- Here is an interview with former Brewers prospect Will Inman.
- Team Canada needs pitchers for the upcoming World Baseball Classic. Apply here. I kid I kid. That’s only the story.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?