NCAA Bracket 2012: Kentucky Holds off Kansas to Win National Championship No. 8
Much like they had throughout the 2012 NCAA tournament, the Kansas Jayhawks followed a flat first half with an exceptional second half. But in the end, it wasn't enough to keep the Kentucky Wildcats from winning 67-59 and claiming their eighth national title as well as the first one for head coach John Calipari.
- Doron Lamb may only be a sophomore, but he played like a senior, scoring many of his 22 points down the stretch when the Wildcats needed them the most.
- Speaking of clutch shots, Marquis Teague helped the Cats launch out of the gate when some huge baskets as well as helping them close things out with a HUGE three-point basket with 2:50 left in the game.
- Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and Terrence Jones turned in solid performances on both sides of the ball, coming up with huge plays on defense in the second half when Kentucky couldn't buy a basket.
- Anthony Davis had perhaps the strangest stat line of the game, scoring only six points, but grabbing 16 rebounds and blocking six shots to go along with five assists and three steals.
- Davis' shooting from the floor, however, was...you know what, I can't do this part tonight. My team just won its eighth national championship and the first one since I was in high school. What a great way to end a great season!
- Kansas University's official website inadvertently put up advertisements for T-shirts celebrating their 2012 national title before the game. Someone in their IT department should probably be pretty embarrassed right about now.
- Fans in the UK student section at the Superdome participated in a flash mob before the game...although I'm not sure it really counts as a flash mob if everyone is already in one place together and wearing the same color. Still, it was pretty fun to watch.
- It looks like Anthony Davis may have trimmed his unibrow a bit for his Naismith Award ceremony. Good for him if he wants to: Davis is one of the best players to ever put on a Kentucky uniform; Big Blue Nation will always bow to the brow.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?