Here are a bunch of headlines swirling around Yankees Universe today:
- Bill Madden writes about the talks that went on about Manny Ramirez. He mentioned how the Yankees were “ready to go at least two years and an option for Manny” if they didn’t land Tex. Is it still possible that Manny could still land in pinstripes?
- Chad Jennings anticipates holes in the Yankees lineup. He talks about the Yankees future lineup and problems that might arise. I think he did a great job writing that article...so check it out.
- According to MLB Trade rumors, the St. Louis Cardinals contacted the Yankees about Robbie Cano. The Yankees supposedly asked for Adam Wainwright..and the talking stopped. “The conversation did not last long,” writes Goold.
- CC Sabathia feels that he is ready to be the Yankees ace. “I think having the guys in New York—the A-Rods and the Jeters and these great players, and Tex—I think it will help me be a better player,” he said.
- Pete Caldera explains how the Yankees still have room to add Andy Pettitte to the roster. He says that if they can up the offer to $12M, then they might be able to work something out.
- Jim Rice, who was just recently elected to the HOF speaks out about his dislike for the Yankees spending.
Here is a nice Yankee Stadium Moment from the movie, City Slickers:
Phil: Alright. What is the best day of your life?
Mitch: You mean ever?
Phil: Yeah, best day ever in your whole life. And you can’t do it when your kids were born. That’s too easy.
Mitch: “I got one. I’m seven years old, and my dad takes me to Yankee Stadium. My first game. We’re going in this long dark tunnel underneath the stands, and I’m holding his hand, and we come up out of the tunnel into the light. It was huge..how green the grass was...brown dirt, and that great green copper roof, remember?
And we had a black and white TV, so this was the first game I ever saw in color. Sat through the whole game next to my dad, taught me how to keep score, Mickey hit one out.”
Phil: Goody day.
Mitch: And I still have the program.