Bernie's Dawg Blawg: Landers, Leadership and (unexpected) Landings
- For a run down on our starting QB, check out Bubba 'n Earl's very thorough run down.
- Early entries into the NFL draft used to be non-existent. Just ask Herschel Walker.
- If he doesn't answer the phone, read this John Underwood article published in March of 1982 after the Georgia tailback had finished his sophomore campaign. Great article.
- And if you've read Walker's book "Breaking Free," Underwood's piece will seem eerily familiar; like a glimpse into a time when no one, not even Walker himself, knew what he was going through.
- You want a playoff? SNL is rarely worth a tune in anymore (my humble opinion), but this is pretty funny. The W jokes toward the end are a little creepy from this guy, but it was worth the look-see. Maybe it'll convince you the BCS isn't so bad....
- If you think Mark Sanchez will rise above Matt Stafford in the draft QB pecking order, think again. This season's stats may favor the USC Trojan, but Stafford showed in his three years he can handle adversity within the pocket. His blindside protectors this season alone dropped like flies.
- Did anyone catch the (very) quick "tap" on the elbow Carroll gave Sanchez as he left the stage...before Sanchez addressed the media? Coach Carroll was pissed.
- Rumblings from Athens that coach Willie Martinez got into quite the heated exchange with his safety after learning Wednesday of Reshad Jones' decision to turn pro.
- Wonder if the phrases "arm tackle" and "second day pick" were hurled around.
- Captain Chelsey "Sully" Sullenberger. His heroics in landing that airbus yesterday in the Hudson were astounding, even more so than his two sweeps of the plane to make sure his passengers had all unboarded.
- Captain Sully, you sir are now in charge of our flight to Tulsa in September.
- Andy Landers. 800 wins. Wow!
- The NCAA says his victory total stands at 718 because of 82 wins at Roane State. I say take a bite of one of the coach's cigar stumps and give Landers and us Dawg fans a break. BTW—he was something insane like 34-1 against D1 schools while at RSCC.
- Back at the number 800, Landers is the second fastest coach to reach the feat, behind some coach at Tennessee. And check out the GeorgiaDogs pic with the throw back to a time with the wide tie and before the slick backed hair. Well done coach. Here's to the next 800!
- Teresa Edwards for making it to Athens for the momentous occasion. The four time Olympic Champ never forgets her roots.
- And lastly, Reshad Jones. It always pays to make your grandparents happy. They helped raise you and in December you'll repay them with a college degree. That will be a moment worth more than millions of Benjamin's. Not just a hug, one of those big 'ol, grandmamma, back breaking hugs. Enjoy!
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?