In the News (1/16)
- As mentioned in an earlier post, Milwaukee agreed to terms with pitcher Dave Bush on a one-year/$4M contract, thus avoiding arbitration. Bush will almost certainly be tabbed as a starter, and is coming off a very strong second half of 2008. $4 million is a steal for a pitcher of Bush’s caliber.
Prince Fielder, Seth McClung, Corey Hart and Rickie Weeks are the remaining arbi-eligible player who’ve yet to come to terms with the almighty Brew.
- Tom Haudricourt called Dave Bush to ask him how he got his groove back.
- Brian Anderson feels optimistic about Milwaukee’s club, but thinks the Brewers need another starter.
- Brew Crew Ball reports that Ben Sheets is apparently “going in a different direction”: That direction, of course, to any team dumb enough to gamble on an expensive multi-year deal (and give up a draft pick). BCB also lists the, less-than-appealing remaining FA pitching class.
- Laid off, furloughed, fired or just sick of your crummy ass line of work?: The Timber Rattlers are hiring.
- The Dodgers released Andruw Jones and are still on the hook for $21.1 M of his contract: Whoops!
- The Red Sox inked Kevin Youkilis to a four-year deal worth more than $40 M: The contract buys out his two remaining arbitration years and is back-ended to pay him $12 M in the last two years. In unrelated news, Jeff Suppan will make $12 M in the final two seasons of his contract!!! Boston comes sliiightly better, if you ask me.
- Baltimore signed Gregg Zaun and, in doing so, cock-blocked Chad Moeller from any semblance of a chance to play in the majors next season. I love it.
- Bartolo Colon signed a one-year/$1M deal with up to $2M in incentives to return to the White Sox: Fellow chubby, constantly hurt hurler Ben Sheets remains unsigned.
- New HOF inductee Rickey Henderson says he’s still available.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?