Miami Dolphins Offseason To-Do List
You don't become elite by making the playoffs once. You become elite by constantly going to and winning playoff games.
What do the Dolphins need to do to become elite? That's what I'm going to tell you. These are the most important things the Dolphins need to do in order to maintain their Division Title and continue to go to the playoffs.
1. Get some big mean nasty guards. Yes, there were injuries at guard this year, but in all honesty I was not impressed with the play of the guards this year, whether that be Smiley, Ndukwe, or Alleman. Even if they are going to play those same guards it would be a great idea to have more linemen. You can never get enough linemen.
2. Get some shutdown corners. Andre Goodman and Will Allen are pretty good corners. I'm not going to deny that, but if you can get some more defensive backs, once again, you can never get enough.
The other thing is while Allen and Goodman have their good games they also have some really bad games in which they get burned, so some lock down defensive backs would be a great addition.
3. Don't let Parcells get away. Whoever the new owner is has to make sure Parcells stays so he can continue to monitor Sparano and Ireland and continue to guide them. It's also good for him to be managing the drafts.
4. Don't decide to keep Pennington too early. Wait until he plays another year before signing him back for an extension. Remember, he was Comeback Player of the Year two of the last three years, which means he must be disappointing some years. Make sure he keeps mentoring Henne and Beck as long as he is in Miami though.
5. Get another young defensive lineman and linebacker. Kendall Langford and Phillip Merling have been great this year, but why stop there when you could snag another top defensive lineman to develop?
I know Holliday and Ferguson are there but they are aging a bit. Apply this to the linebacker too. We have Crowder and Roth, but you've got to do something about the older guys like Porter and Ayodele. They won't be around forever.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?