After the awesome main event last week between Randy Orton and Wade Barrett in a no-disqualification match, the Viper would have his first meeting with the World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan on SmackDown this week before the title match at Elimination Chamber.
* Brodus Clay beat Damien Sandow with "What The Funk"
SmackDown, Airing Friday:
* The Great Khali defeated Jinder Mahal with a chokeslam.
* Beth Phoenix defeated Alicia Fox. Beth attacked Fox after the match but Tamina made the save. Tamina and Beth have a staredown.
* Big Show and Sheamus beat Cody Rhodes and Wade Barrett when Sheamus hit the Brogue kick on Barrett.
* Hunico vs. Ted DiBiase is in progress. DiBiase won via roll-up.
* Big Show comes out for commentary during Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton. Bryan tries to leave during the match but Show throws him back in the ring. Orton RKO's Bryan and it appears he won but the match was disqualified when Show interfered and brought Bryan back to the ring. Orton and Show have words. Show drops Orton after a brawl. Referees have to take Orton to the back.
We start off the spoilers with the dark match before the taping of SmackDown as the Funkasaurus, Brodus Clay, had another squash match—this time against Damien Sandow.
Even though I thoroughly enjoy Brodus when he’s on Raw or SmackDown, I would really like to see him get in a solid feud with someone on the roster so all he does isn’t just come out dancing, hit his finisher and then dance back up the ramp.
As this week’s show begins, the Great Khali gets the win over his brother-in-law Jinder Mahal with a choke slam as Khali looks ahead to the SmackDown Elimination Chamber match on Feb. 19th in Milwaukee.
In my spoilers article last week, there were a lot of negative comments about the WWE inserting Khali into the match after Mark Henry, who is plagued by injuries, was taken out by SmackDown GM Teddy Long.
If I was in charge of creative, I would have instead given the spot to a number of people like Justin Gabriel, Christian or even the man who was defeated by Khali this week, Jinder Mahal.
In the Divas match of the night, Beth Phoenix defeated Alicia Fox, but we could be seeing a new rivalry between the Divas Champion and Tamina, which would be a breath of fresh air into the division.
As four of the six participants in the SmackDown Elimination Chamber faced off in a tag team match, Sheamus hit Wade Barrett with the Brogue Kick to get the win for his team as the Great White continues to roll after his Royal Rumble victory last month.
With Sheamus making his choice after Elimination Chamber, I think the best match would be if the WWE could have the Rumble winner face off with Daniel Bryan and Randy Orton at WrestleMania for the World Heavyweight Championship this April.
After getting in the face of the Big Show who was at the announcers' table, Daniel Bryan yet again finds a way to win as Show tossed him back in the ring, ultimately getting Randy Orton disqualified and giving the match to the World Heavyweight Champion.
While I know the WWE is trying to build him up as a heel champion, it would be good to see Bryan actually win a match with his in-ring ability instead of winning by disqualification like in his match on SmackDown this week.
With that being said, how would you grade this week’s episode of SmackDown with the Elimination Chamber pay-per-view less than two weeks away?