100 Greatest Super Bowl Commercials Ever
To me, Super Bowl Sunday is all about the game—nothing else matters.
All I care is that I'm relaxing on a couch with some friends and that I'm watching the game. That's all I ask for.
However, some of you out there really enjoy the Super Bowl commercials. I, on the other hand, have no interest in them whatsoever. I cannot stand them. I hate commercials.
The one thing that really seems to get me going the most is how some people simply look forward to Super Bowl Sunday only because of the commercials.
Either way, let's take a look at my ranking of the 100 greatest Super Bowl commercials of all time.
100. Audi's Horse Head (2008)
If a commercial does a parody of The Godfather, I'll automatically love it!
This was an epic ad.
99. Hulu Destroys the World (2009)
I so called Alec Baldwin being an alien.
98. MasterCard's MacGyver (2006)
I love MasterCard's "priceless" commercials—and this is one of the best ones.
MacGyver? Immediately badass.
97. Cash4Gold.com (2009)
Cash4Gold had enough money to do a Super Bowl commercial? Wow.
I will admit that this was a great commercial...but only because Ed McMahon and MC Hammer were in it.
96. Visa's Yao Ming (2003)
Yo. Yao. Yo. Yao. Yo. YAO!
95. Pepsi and Bob Dole's Little Blue Friend (2001)
Only if this ad aired prior to the 1996 election, perhaps Bob Dole would have had a chance against President Bill Clinton.
94. Pepsi and P. Diddy in Pimp My Pepsi Truck (2005)
I need a Pepsi truck. Right. Now.
I don't know if any of you remember that MTV show Pimp My Ride, but it was one of my all-time favorite shows back when I was in middle school—and this commercial made my night...
Well, that and the New England Patriots emerging as an NFL dynasty with their Super Bowl victory over the Philadelphia Eagles.
93. H&R Block's Willie Nelson Doll (2004)
I want a Willie Nelson advice doll.
My whole life would revolve around this advice doll.
92. Bridgestone's Hot Item (2009)
Here's my explanation for why we don't go to the moon anymore.
91. Pizza Hut's Jessica Simpson (2006)
Jessica Simpson and pizza? My life is complete.
90. Snapple's Green Tea (2007)
Before you go climbing mountains in Asia, make sure that you read the back of the bottle.
89. Nationwide's Fabio (2006)
I love me some Fabio.
He defines the word "man."
88. Pepsi's Music Giveaway (2004)
I downloaded thousands of songs, and I actually did fight the law and totally won—I never got caught like the losers in the commercial.
87. Bud Light's Lost (2010)
If you're a fan of Lost, then you must love this commercial.
It's an automatic classic.
86. CareerBuilders.com's Casual Friday (2010)
That's how I dress every day...forget "casual" Friday.
85. Bud Light's Sleigh Ride (2004)
This ad could not have been any cheesier...but it did its job. It was funny and memorable.
84. Doritos' Ali Landry (1998)
Doritos has always done a great job of advertising—even all the way back in 1998.
It's a must for any guy to know those tricks in order to impress a girl.
83. Budweiser's UFO (1997)
82. Pepsi's Britney Spears (2003)
Pepsi and Britney Spears...oh my god, hell yes!
81. EDS' Running with the Squirrels (2001)
This is the greatest way to train. It's a true test.
If you beat the squirrel, then you are a champion.
80. Bud Light's Wine and Cheese Party (2008)
I want to go to a wine and cheese party like this one.
This was cleverly done by the guys at Bud Light.
79. Bud Light's Designate a Driver (2005)
Cedric the Entertainer as a designated driver? Very nice.
I actually was dancing like this last night.
78. Bud Light's Escape (2007)
I wonder if gorillas actually think about escaping like this...
77. Budweiser's Jackass Ref (2003)
This is perfect.
"...No. I believe that's a zebra."
76. Tabasco's Mosquito (1998)
Tabasco sauce is that hot. I've seen it happen before.
75. Anheuser-Busch's "Welcome Home" Ad (2005)
This was an amazing ad done by Anheuser-Busch.
This is how every troop needs to be welcomed back home.
74. Pepsi's Security Camera (1996)
I'm always that guy. I always find a way to make a scene when I'm trying to do something sneaky.
73. E-Trade's Wasted Money (2000)
Anything that involves a chimp is automatically funny.
I will argue that this not a waste of $2 million. I liked this ad.
72. CareerBuilder.com's Monkeys (2006)
I'm being serious. ANYTHING with chimps is hilarious.
71. E-Trade's Money out the Wazoo (2000)
I wish I had money coming out of the wazoo.
70. Miller High Life's 1-Second Ad (2009)
If only commercials were all like this.
69. Bud Light's Jackie Moon (2008)
Jackie Moon is my hero.
I have a poster of him in my room.
"A lot of sweat goes into every bottle. Not literally—that would be gross."
68. Nationwide's Rollin' VIP (2007)
A music video with Kevin Federline rapping? Now that's funny.
67. Budweiser's Referee Training (2004)
Nearly every husband can be a referee. It's true.
66. Budweiser's Clydesdales Play Ball (1996)
A football game between horses? Now that would be badass.
65. Bud Light's Body Treatment (2001)
I'm not a fan of Cedric the Entertainer, but he is pretty damn funny in this ad...
Is there a breeze in here?
64. Budweiser on the Roof (2006)
This is a great commercial.
I've always wanted to hang out on my roof.
63. FedEx's Carrier Pigeons (2006)
Pigeons are the answer to everything. I'm serious.
62. Pepsi's Dancing Bears (1997)
Yet another classic commercial done by Pepsi.
I remember seeing this as a kid, and it has stuck with me ever since.
61. Bud Light's Wardrobe Malfunction (2005)
What a great way to do a spin-off and give an explanation for Janet Jackson's wardrobe malfunction.
60. Doritos Pug Attack (2011)
Do not mess with pugs! Especially when it comes to Doritos.
59. CareerBuilder.com Parking Lot (2011)
I love chimpanzees.
In fact, I want a chimp to be the ringbearer at my wedding.
58. Hyundai's Breaking News (2010)
2020 is only eight years away...it could happen.
Favre watch has now begun!
57. Budweiser's Roommate (2003)
"Date both of us!"
If only this was a reality, not a fantasy...
56. Nike's Hare Jordan (1992)
Bugs Bunny and Michael Jordan together in something that's not Space Jam? I love it.
55. Tide's Talking Stain (2008)
This is a great way to sell your product.
If you were to convince me that my stain would actually talk or even be that distracting, I would definitely need some Tide to remove it.
54. Mountain Dew's "Bohemian Rhapsody" (2000)
All I can think is of Wayne's World—so I absolutely love this commercial!
Easy come, easy go!
53. Snickers and Betty White (2010)
This is when the obsession with Betty White reached its peak—everyone loves Betty White!
This set of commercials done by Snickers is great.
52. Nissan's "Pigeons" (1997)
Gotta love the 1990s.
I feel like this is one of my childhood TV shows that I used to watch.
And the music is incredible.
51. MasterCard and the Simpsons (2004)
America's favorite cartoon, The Simpsons! So this commercial has to be great.
I'm not an avid Simpsons viewer, but I do love me some Homer Simpson.
50. Doritos House Rules (2010)
I LOVED this commercial when I first saw it—but then it got old.
"Keep your hands off my mama, and keep your hands off my Doritos."
49. Bud Light's Rock, Paper, Scissors (2007)
Rock, Paper, Scissors is really the only way to solve anything.
However, if you use an actual rock as a weapon, then you're a genius.
48. NFL's Best Fans Ever (2011)
Just because of the reference to The Office, I have to love this ad, as that's my favorite show.
This is definitely a memorable Super Bowl commercial.
47. Denny's Nanerpus (2009)
On a side note, take me to Denny's right now. I want a Grand Slam breakfast.
46. Heineken and Brad Pitt (2005)
Brad Pitt is just too damn sly.
If Brad Pitt drinks Heineken, then I gotta drink it too.
45. Bridgestone's Karma (2011)
Note to self: Do not run over a woodchuck. It could come back and help you out someday, and possibly even save your life.
44. CareerBuilder.com (2009)
Hey dummy. Hey dummy. Hey dummy...I hate my job.
43. Bridgestone's Scream (2008)
I guess Bridgestone makes some good tires, as they saved that poor little squirrel's life.
42. Sprint's "Crime Deterrent" (2006)
Sprint cell phones don't just allow you to watch the Super Bowl, but apparently, can help you fight crime!
I always laugh when I see the guy whip his phone at the other guy's face.
41. Coca-Cola's It's Mine (2008)
This was a clever ad done by Coca-Cola.
Two Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade balloons fight over a Coca-Cola, with Charlie Brown ultimately winning.
40. Bud Light's Hitchhiker (2007)
I would definitely use an ax as a bottle opener.
I will say this, though: I am not enough of a fan of Bud Light to give a man a ride. First off, how can you even drink the beer if you're driving?
39. Pets.com's Deliveries (2000)
I remember seeing this when I was eight years old, and I absolutely laughed my you-know-what off.
"What goes up, must come down!"
38. Ameriquest's Bug Zapper (2006)
This is such a clever ad. I like awkward comedy.
37. Budweiser's Streaker Ad (2006)
WE'RE GOING STREAKING!
36. Xerox Monk (1977)
For 1977? I am very impressed with this ad.
Thank god we have Xerox machines nowadays.
35. Budweiser's Clydesdale Team (2008)
Yet another quality ad from Budweiser.
The only reason I like this ad so much is because of the Rocky music.
Yo Adrian, I did it!
34. Bud Light's Paper or Plastic (1999)
Now this is a tough decision—paper or plastic for your Bud Light?
33. Budweiser's Separated at Birth
Now this is a charming story of two Dalmatians separated at birth.
Budweiser really knows how to produce some entertaining ads.
32. Bud Light's "Save Yourself" (2006)
Stealing a Bud Light is definitely not worth having a giant bear chase after me.
31. Gatorade's Michael Jordan vs. Himself (2003)
Who would win? Michael Jordan or Michael Jordan?
30. Pepsi vs. Coca-Cola (1995)
I don't know about you, but I've always been a Pepsi kind of guy.
Am I in the minority here?
29. EDS' "Cowboys Herding Cats" (2000)
This so makes me want to go herd some cats.
I have seen this commercial over and over again.
28. Ameriquest's Romantic Dinner (2003)
...And how exactly does this relate to Ameriquest?
27. Rainier Beer (1981)
Hmm, I have never seen a beer bottle running up a mountain—how natural is it, really?
26. Old Spice's The Man Your Man Could Smell Like (2010)
I wonder how many women left their men after watching this commercial.
Way to go, Old Spice! You ruined lives everywhere.
25. Bud Light's Date Night (2001)
I can't believe that this commercial was over 10 years ago!
This is one of the funniest commercials ever.
24. Volkswagen's Use the Force (2011)
You have no idea how many times I used to do this when I was a kid.
I was so determined to be a Jedi.
23. Master Lock's Tougher Under Fire (1973)
Here's an oldie for you.
I mean, I have to have a Master Lock on everything that I have. I can't have just any random lock, as the person that's trying to break in will obviously have a gun and will plan to destroy my lock with it.
22. Michelob Ultra's Touch Football (2006)
Here's a disclaimer: Michelob Ultra does not make you want to go tackle random women.
21. Miller Lite and John Madden (1980)
If John Madden says so, you have to drink some Miller Lite!
20. Pepsi's Inner Tube (1995)
Pepsi has always done a great job with Super Bowl ads.
This is one of my favorites because I'm always that guy that has to suck allllllllll the liquid out of the glass.
19. Google's Search On (2010)
It's amazing how you can lose hours on Google by just surfing the web.
And surfing the web would not be as easy as it is without Google—search on.
18. Monster.com's When I Grow Up (1999)
When the Internet was one the rise, this was a brilliant commercial done by Monster.com.
When I grow up, I do not want to file all day.
17. E-Trade's Baby (2008)
E-Trade really got carried away with the baby.
How many commercials have the E-Trade baby now? Probably like 10.
16. NFL's Crazy (2003)
The NFL did one hell of a job on this one.
This commercial was INTENSE.
15. Bud Light's Skydiving (2005)
I am so afraid of skydiving—I wouldn't jump out of a plane for Bud Light.
No thank you.
14. FedEx's Desert Island (2003)
This is funny. I will admit that.
But the real question is, what's better? This commercial or the actual Tom Hanks movie Cast Away?
13. Chrysler's Imported from Detroit (2011)
I really, really like this commercial—I can truthfully say that.
This commercial did its job, as I really wanted to purchase a Chrysler 200.
12. Budweiser's Bud Bowl (1989)
What's the reason for everyone watching TV on Super Bowl Sunday? To watch the Super Bowl.
So why not make your own miniature football game in a commercial? This was absolutely brilliant.
11. Heineken's Walk-In Fridge (2007)
Sadly enough, I would react the same way.
10. Reebok's Terry Tate, Office Linebacker (2003)
Jesus, you do not want to mess with Terry Tate.
I would not want Terry Tate working in my office.
9. Budweiser's "Wassup?!" (2000)
8. Wendy's "Where's the Beef?" (1984)
Most commercials I find very annoying, but I can watch this one over and over again.
"Where's the beef?"
7. Budweiser's Frogs (1995)
Incredibly annoying, yet so genius.
I remember seeing this commercial as a kid, and it has stuck with me ever since.
6. Pepsi's Cindy Crawford (1992)
Give me a Pepsi right now.
5. Pepsi's Michael J. Fox Diet Pepsi (1986)
I love Diet Pepsi—but I also love Michael J. Fox and the 1980s.
4. Budweiser's Clydesdales Tribute (2002)
This is one of the best tributes to 9/11, as it aired back in 2002, just months after September 11, 2001.
Keep in mind that this commercial was only aired once—and it was that effective.
3. Apple 1984 (1984)
This is pure genius.
Look at where Apple is today.
This commercial really kicked off its unbelievable success over the years.
2. McDonald's Larry Bird vs. Michael Jordan (1993)
"Nothing but net."
I have never played H.O.R.S.E. for a Big Mac, but I sure as hell know that I do not want to be playing against Larry Bird or Michael Jordan!
1. Coca-Cola's "Mean Joe Greene" (1979)
Should this even be debated?
Coca-Cola's Mean Joe Greene commercial of 1979 is by far the greatest Super Bowl commercial of all-time—it sure makes me want to drink some Coke out of a glass bottle!