The words Disney and WWE are not often used in the same sentence. However, the two have more in common than you would think.
One of Walt Disney's biggest goals was to provide entertainment for the entire family, and he has done that. The WWE has fans of all different ages as well.
We have seen the Rock appear in Disney movies and the Muppets appear on WWE programming.
Here is a look at WWE wrestlers and their Disney character counterpart.
- Vince McMahon started the WWE and made it the top company in professional wrestling.
- Vince McMahon has been a regular on the Forbes list and is extremely wealthy.
- Has made his company a worldwide phenomenon.
- Walt Disney started the Disney company, which has become the elite source family entertainment.
- Walt Disney made the Disney Company extremely profitable and successful.
- Disney company is a worldwide phenomenon.
- Triple H has been around for a long time.
- Vince McMahon will not be around forever. When he is gone, Triple H will take his place.
- With all the new superstars emerging, Triple H still remains a top superstar in the company.
- Has married in to the McMahon family.
- Mickey Mouse has been around since the beginning.
- Mickey has lived on with Disney even after Walt Disney died.
- With all the hit movies and characters that the Disney company has created, Mickey Mouse remains a popular character.
- Has become synonymous with Disney.
- The new generation of superstars have been led by John Cena.
- Cena was once the most popular WWE wrestler; however, the emergence of newer wrestlers like CM Punk took him off the top of the pedestal.
- Many fans have turned on Cena.
- However, CM Punk has lost some steam lately and Cena will most likely reemerge as the top guy in the business soon.
- The new style of animated movies (CGI) was started with Toy Story and Woody.
- Woody was Andy's favorite toy; however, when Buzz Lightyear came around, Woody was no longer the most popular toy.
- Woody was betrayed by many of the other toys.
- In time, Buzz Lightyear's hype wore off and Andy went back to Woody.
- CM Punk has emerged as the new, popular superstar.
- Although CM Punk climbed his way to the top of the company, his pipe bombs have fizzled a little since becoming a baby-face, and he most likely will never fully take over the top spot from Cena.
- Buzz Lightyear emerged as the new "cool" toy.
- Although Buzz Lightyear was able to temporarily be the most popular toy, he never truly took over Woody's top spot.
- Randy Orton has become a fan favorite after being one of the top heels. It feels as if he is someone that you are not sure you want to root for but then do.
- Gives off a dark and sadistic feeling and always sneakingly hits the RKO.
- Not to mention, Orton has tattoos of skulls.
- Jack Skellington is darker and a little more eerier than the average Disney protagonist.
- He is a giant skeleton with a skull as a head.
- Edge is known as the "ultimate opportunist."
- Edge was best as a heel but also delivered some laughs alongside Christian, with things like the "five-second pose."
- Hades makes deals and any opportunities to get ahead.
- Despite being a villain, Hades is a comedy character as well.
- Mark Henry has been with the company for a long time but did not get a solid push until late in his career.
- Consistently puts people in the Hall of Pain, injures them and tries to destroy everything in his path.
- He was a sleeping bear that got woken up and became World Heavyweight Champion.
- One of his signature moves is a Bear Hug.
- The Bear in the Fox and the Hound was in the wild the entire movie; however, he only made an appearance in the end of the movie.
- He doesn't tolerate intruders and trespassers, and he will kill them if they do so.
- Is accidentally woken up by Amos Slade and Copper and does not like it.
- Kane is pure evil.
- His character was apparently burned in a fire and wears a mask to hide the scars.
- Did not hesitate to try and kill the Undertaker, including setting him on fire in a casket and burying him alive.
- Scar is pure evil and is usually ranked among the top villains of all time.
- Scar, unsurprisingly, has a scar on his face.
- Will do anything in order to become King of Pride Rock, including kill his brother and nephew.
- Eddie Guerrero would lie, cheat and steal in order to win.
- Guerrero was a fan favorite despite his cheating and stealing.
- Guerrero was often used as a good comic relief.
- Aladdin has "to eat to live" and "gotta steal to eat."
- Despite his stealing tactics, the audience still roots for him.
- Aladdin's personality consists of being funny.
- Wade Barrett is arrogant and cocky.
- He can back up his arrogance because of his physical ability and stature.
- He led the original Nexus group in trying to destroy the WWE.
- Gaston is extremely arrogant and conceded.
- If you listen to the lyrics of the "Gaston Song," you will hear how he is cocky and physically imposing.
- He led a group of villagers in a hunt to destroy the Beast.
- The Rock is a third-generation wrestler and his family has a rich wrestling history.
- He left the WWE and found success in Hollywood.
- The Rock has come back to challenge the person who has been the face of the company in his absence.
- Simba comes from a family of royalty, as his father was King of Pride Rock.
- After Mufasa dies, Simba runs away and finds stability with Timon and Pumba.
- He then returns to challenge the new leader of Pride Rock.
- Big Show is known as "the world's largest athlete."
- Big Show has been a main event superstar and consistently involved in the Heavyweight Championship scene.
- He has both an intimidating side and a softer side.
- James P. Sullivan is a huge monster.
- Sully is consistently the top "scarer" for Monsters, Inc.
- Despite being the top scarer, Sully is actually soft-hearted and shows his emotions with Boo.
This one if only based on their physical features and is self-explanatory.
- Sheamus is extremely pale with red hair that sticks up.
- Beaker is pale with red hair that stick up
I had trouble coming up with comparisons for superstars like Stone Cold Steve Austin, Undertaker, Shawn Michaels.
Who else do you think draws comparisons to each other?
Follow me on Twitter: @Jniz73