Michigan Football: Four-Star Lineman Blake Bars Commits to the Wolverines
TheWolverine.com reported on Sunday that Nashville, Tennessee offensive lineman, Blake Bars, became the 18th player of the Michigan Wolverines 2012 recruiting class. Mgoblog.com also confirmed Bars’ verbal commitment to Michigan.
Bars is rated a 4-star prospect by Rivals.com, but is a 3-star prospect according to Scout.com as well as ESPN. Bars is listed at 6'5" and 275 pounds and attends Montgomery Bell Academy.
ESPN says Bars, “Demonstrates good tough run blocking skills, showing the ability to dominate at his present level of competition. Has the height and athleticism for the offensive tackle position at the BCS level of play; will need to add bulk to his frame over time.”
The site also says Bars has long arms, good quickness on the edge, plays tough, and finishes plays strong. Bars is currently playing tackle, but Michigan has already received verbal commitments from offensive tackles Ben Braden and Erik Magnuson, which likely means Bars would play guard or center for the Wolverines.
Michigan is also attempting to sway 5-star offensive tackle Kyle Kalis, who de-committed from Ohio State last week and visited Ann Arbor this past weekend. If Kalis winds up committing to Michigan, then it would make the most sense for Bars to move to the inside of the offensive line.
Bars has tremendous upside considering he did not even start in high school until this past fall and comes from a football pedigree. His father played linebacker at Notre Dame and his brother, Brad Bars, plays at Penn State.
Bars had offers from many top BCS schools including Clemson, Florida, LSU, Penn State, and South Carolina.
Check out my new blog, Dirlam’s Dirty Dugout Sports Blog, which features this story along with other articles and video reports on the major sports. You can also follow my blog on Twitter, @DirtyDugoutBlog, which will provide you with the latest updates about what will be posted on the blog!
.jpg)








