CFB
HomeScoresRecruitingHighlights
Featured Video
Benches Clear in Fenway 🍿

Michigan Football Could Fill Last Offensive Line Spot in 2012 Class by September

Zach DirlamMay 31, 2018

The Michigan Wolverines have already received 19 commitments for their 2012 recruiting class, leaving just six more scholarships for Brady Hoke and his coaching staff to work with. The Wolverines are saving one for an offensive tackle, which will likely be taken by either Adam Bisnowaty (Pittsburgh, PA) or Jordan Diamond (Chicago, IL). 

Bisnowaty is a 4-star prospect, the No. 5 player in the state of Pennsylvania and the No. 177 overall prospect according to Rivals.com. The Fox Chapel Area High School standout is aware of Michigan's scholarship shortage.

"Pretty much they stay in contact with me every day," Bisnowaty told Josh Helmholdt of TheWolverine.com on Tuesday. "They are trying to get the best fit in and they feel I fall in with what they're tying to get."

TOP NEWS

COLLEGE FOOTBALL: NOV 08 Texas A&M at Missouri

TAMU Lands No. 1 Safety

BR

Coach O Shades Brian Kelly 🤥

Best QB Seasons Since 2000 💪

There were multiple Michigan commits who recently attended Nike's high school camp "The Opening" in Oregon last week and they were all recruiting Bisnowaty.

"It was good to talk with [Erik Magnuson] and a couple other d-backs that are committed," Bisnowaty said. "My big thing is trying to meet people and find out what they see in a school from their perspective."

Bisnowaty has made unofficial visits to Michigan, Purdue, Michigan State, Notre Dame and Pittsburgh in the past few months and expects to make a decision by the end of September

"I am looking at the first two weeks in September maybe taking two or three official visits and deciding then," said Bisnowaty. "It may be sooner or later, but it will definitely be in September because I do want to focus on my senior year."

In the meantime, the 6'6" and 275-pound offensive tackle will visit Florida on Thursday and then evaluate his list of teams, but insists Michigan is high on his list of remaining schools.

"They are still in the top half of my list, I can say that," Bisnowaty said.

On the other hand, Diamond, who is the No. 209-ranked prospect, has also expressed a lot of interest in playing for the Wolverines and is hoping there is still a scholarship available for him when he makes his commitment, but will not commit until December.

"More than likely it's going to be after the season," Diamond told BuckeyeGrove.com last Wednesday. "I am going to take all five of my official visits so my decision will be after the season and after I take those visits."

Quick Snaps

Aaron Burbridge (Farmington Hills, MI), who is a 4-star wide receiver, No. 134 overall prospect and No. 2-rated player in the state of Michigan, is currently working hard in summer school to meet entry requirements for Michigan and Michigan State according to Chris Balas of The Fort on TheWolverine.com.

"I'm trying to get my grades in order first," Burbridge said. "It's still Michigan and Michigan State. Those are the only two."

Three-star wide receiver Jehu Chesson (St. Louis, MO) told Helmholdt he will attend the Barbecue at the Big House on July 31. Chesson visited Michigan last summer, but wants to meet the new coaching staff and see what they have to offer.

"The main reason I am going back up there is to meet the new coaches," Chesson said Monday. "I want to see what they think of me and how they interact with their players."

Cass Technical High School outside linebacker Royce Jenkins-Stone (Detroit, MI), who is the No. 1 player in the state of Michigan, told Tom VanHaaren of mgoblog.com despite all of the rumors he will not take any other recruitment visits.

"What changed my mind was talking to Coach Wilcher and how he was saying I shouldn't go chasing schools," Jenkins-Stone said Monday. "If I do it might seem like I'm trying to change my mind on my school. That's basically what the [Michigan] coaching staff said too. So yeah I'm good on visits."

VanHaaren also talked with USC Trojans de-commit Jordan Payton (Westlake Village, CA) will take an official visit Michigan on September 10 for the night game against Notre Dame.

Payton is the No. 96 overall prospect and No. 13 wide receiver according to Rivals.com.

Finally, 4-star defensive tackles Ondre Pipkins (Kansas City, MO) and Danny O'Brien (Flint, MI) will be at the Big House for the barbecue, but one of them in particular is being recruited hard by Michigan commit Matt Godin (Novi, MI).

"I tell [O'Brien], 'how cool would it be for our first game to be in Dallas playing against Alabama on national television?'" Godin told Balas last Thursday.

Check out my blog, Dirlam’s Dirty Dugout Sports Blog, which features this story along with other articles and video reports on the major sports. You can also follow my blog on Twitter, @DirtyDugoutBlog, which will provide you with the latest updates about what will be posted on the blog!

Benches Clear in Fenway 🍿

TOP NEWS

COLLEGE FOOTBALL: NOV 08 Texas A&M at Missouri

TAMU Lands No. 1 Safety

BR

Coach O Shades Brian Kelly 🤥

Best QB Seasons Since 2000 💪

2025 Cheez-It Citrus Bowl - Texas v Michigan

Sark Chirping Continues 💀

COLLEGE FOOTBALL: APR 18 Texas Football Fan Day

Sark Talks SEC Spending 💰

Cavs' 'New Rules' for Fans at Game 3
Bleacher Report3h

Cavs' 'New Rules' for Fans at Game 3

TRENDING ON B/R