Ten Top Tens After Week Nine In College Football
Top Ten Teams
1) Texas-Longhorns schedule starting to wear on them?
2) Penn State-Great win in a great game
3) Alabama-Just not sold on the Tide.
4) Utah- Possible BCS buster that get the least mention?
5) Boise State-Possible BCS buster that gets the most mention.
6) Tulsa-Still to play this weekend
7) Texas Tech-Longhorns next.
8) Ball State-Continues to win easily.
9) Oklahoma State-Clearly the best of the 1 loss teams.
10) Georgia-From over rated to under rated in a month and a half.
Ten Best Games I Watched Yesterday
1) Penn State 13, Ohio State 6 - Even Brent Musburger couldn't ruin this one.
2) Michigan State 35, Michigan 21- Was more exciting than the score indicates.
3) Texas 28, Oklahoma State 24- Mike Gundy's team can play some football.
4) Florida Atlantic 29, Louisiana Monroe 28- Got to love Gameplan, TD with about 20 second left.
5) Northern Illinois 16, Bowling Green 13-Haven't seen a good wind game in a while.
6) Miami 16, Wake Forest 10- Miami is going to be very very good in the very near future.
7) Virginia 24, Georgia Tech 17- While many think the ACC is really bad it's also really even.
8) Duke 10, Vandy 7 - That was a really big win for Duke on a lot of levels.
9) Boise State 33, San Jose State 16 - Garbage points dressed up the score.
10) Georgia 52, LSU 38 - That Knowshawn Moreno kid is pretty good.
Ten Things My Wife Got Sick of Hearing Yesterday
1) "They're really trading some helmet paint in Columbus"-I think I said it 65 times during the game.
2) Crunching- What can I say?, I like snack food with my football.
3) "Go!"-Her response, "they can't hear you through the TV"
4) "Are you going to get the Pizza?" - It's getting chilly in Chicago.
5) "Miami Won"- In hindsight I think she figured that out the first time I told her.
6) "You _______" -I can't even type those words.
7) "The fix is in"- I'm starting to see spots where it may actually be.
8) "Do we have Ice Cream?"-If we had it at noon chances are we still had it every hour after that since we hadn't eaten any.
9) "Stupid Kicker"-Used either for a kicker on the other team that makes one as well as your kicker who misses one.
10)"Where's the remote?"-My wife seems to think there's a magical place where the remote is "supposed to go".
Ten Big Winners
2) Penn State- The Lions couldn't wait to be king.
3) Oklahoma State- Got more respect losing than they did all season winning.
4) Jordan Corso- 6-2 against the spread, this guy is good.
5) Georgia Bulldogs- Made a statement heading into their big game next week.
6) Texas Tech-That was a butt whooping from start to finish.
7) Louisville- Don't look now but the Cardinals are 5-2.
8) Michigan State- Always fun to beat your rival on the road.
9) Duke-Snaps a 6 game losing streak to Vandy.
10) Maryland - The Terps are 6-2.
Ten Big Losers
1) Pittsburgh- No one loses important games like Wanny.
2) Phil Fulmer - A bad call goes against his team and they quit on him.
3) South Florida-Not going to be the season they had hoped for.
4) Auburn- Will they even make a bowl?
5) Colorado - That's what you call a "spanking".
6) Ty Willingham- Gets no revenge, just left with a bad football team.
7) Kansas- Weren't even competitive.
8) Kentucky -They were losing 42-3 at Halftime.
9) Georgia Tech - Double digit favorite loses outright.
10) Tuesday Night Football - The Temple-Ohio game was just brutal to watch.
My Ten Best Picks in Week 9
1) TCU- My highest rated pick ever in the new rating system was a blowout winner.
2) Rutgers- I was feeling pretty lonely on this one.
3) Oregon-Ducks won easy, only disappointment was that I didn't rate it higher.
4) Michigan State- So easy I was scared.
5) Notre Dame- Smelled like a mismatch.
6) Oklahoma- After further review, the KSU defense still stinks.
7) Troy- Not sure why not too many are on board with the Trojans.
8) Arizona- The public was big on USC; public big usually means go the other way.
9) Minnesota- I didn't understand this line and I still don't.
10) Rice- Got to love picking a dog that's a blowout winner outright.
My Ten Worst Picks in Week 9
1) Northern Illinois-Really not a horrible pick but tough to handicap that there is going to 45 M.P.H. winds.
2) Tennessee- The Vols quit.
3) Cincinnati- Most of the losing score was in the final minutes but still never got it going.
4) Ball State- Just too many points, garbage field goal got me ("stupid kicker!")
5) Auburn - Now they can't tackle either.
6) Illinois- It's been a pattern of good week, bad week; this fit the bad week and it was, we'll be on them next week.
7) Northwestern- Just were turnover happy yesterday.
8) UCLA- Not good.
9) San Jose State- Just not enough depth.
10) New Mexico State- Like they should be laying 14 points to anyone?
Ten Most Popular Picks in The Free Weekly Picking Contest
1) Pittsburgh - 9 1/2 - This one hurt the most people.
2) Oklahoma-18 - I guess this one was pretty easy.
3) Oregon - 3 1/2 - And I thought I was so smart for picking this one, go figure.
4) Ball State- EMU really isn't good.
5) Missouri- I didn't touch this one.
6) Texas Tech-Most has this one pretty highly rated.
7) Minnesota- With that line it made a lot of sense.
8) Troy- If you read my site even once a week you know all about Troy.
9) Northern Illinois- I'm guilty as charged.
10) Texas- The Horns should have been easy money.
Ten Pre-Season Predictions I Made ( I can admit it)
1) Colt McCoy would continue to be inconsistent-I was close...not.
2) Clemson would lose at least 4 games- Bingo!
3) The officiating would continue to get worse- Let's not forget about the Red River game and all of the others.
4) Duke would be decent- They are.
5) Tennessee would be good- Unless you count being good at stinking I wasn't even close.
6) Oregon would beat USC- They only lost 44-10, that's not that bad.
7) TCU would finish 5th in their division- I apologize to all TCU fans but I didn't save your emails to email you it personally.
8) Penn State was going no where-Unless you count a trip to the National Championship game in Miami something I was spot on.
9) Juice Williams will win the Heisman- Yeah right, he's pretty good though.
10) The BCS wouldn't work again- The jury is still out.
Ten Games I'm Looking Forward to For Week Ten
1) Georgia-Florida- Everyone's pre-season pick as game of the year.
2) Texas-Texas Tech- In hindsight, Texas is the one with the brutal schedule.
3) Tulsa-Arkansas- Let the prognosticating begin; there's about 100 angles on this one.
4) Nebraska-Oklahoma- Just to see all of the old highlights, and there are some great ones.
5) Miami-Virginia- It's a fun time to be a Canes fan again though they are a year or two away.
6) Pittsburgh-Notre Dame-Could be entertaining.
7) Oregon-Cal- Sounds like a track meet type of game.
8) Wisconsin-Michigan State- Maybe Wisky has the ship righted?
9) West Virginia-UConn- Big East battle.
10) Western Kentucky-North Texas- Someone has to win.
See all of Mitch's Articles and Videos as well as Joining fellow Bleacher Creature Kristofer Green as a WINNER of Mitch's weekly picking contest at The College Football Place.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?