Michigan continues to hit the 2012 recruiting trail hard. Which is good because they probably have a year to six months to make up in relationships with these kids.
Michigan does have an ace in the hole, and that guy is Greg Mattison. Urban Meyer recently called Mattison the best recruiter in the business and running the Baltimore Ravens defense doesn't hurt either.
- Royce Jenkins-Stone was offered by Oklahoma this week and he called it his most impressive offer so far, but that he is still open. This obviously is not the greatest news for Michigan fans. He is not expected to make an early decision so there is a lot of time for him to drink the maize and blue Kool-Aid.
- Jordan Diamond was expected to participate in the Best of Midwest Combine this weekend on Michigan's campus. He has decided not to participate, but will be coming up to Ann Arbor with his teammate and future Wolverine Chris Bryant for an unofficial visit. The buzz around Jordan is that he is a high four-star or five-star recruit.
- Michigan has offered one of the best RBs in the country in North Carolina's Keith Marshall.
- Canton RB Bri'onte Dunn is verbally committed to OSU already, but Michigan has high interest and might have offered him yesterday.
- Ohio State has now offered DE Ifeadi Odenigb from Centerville and DE Sevon Pittman from Canton McKinley, both have Michigan offers as well.
- Florida DB Deon Bush, another big time prospect, was offered by Michigan this week: I just got off the phone with the defensive coordinator, Greg Mattison, a few minutes ago. He said he liked my film, and they liked me so they offered me. This is a real big offer for me. Michigan, that's a great school. They have the Big House, a great fan base every year that's there no matter win or lose.
- Canton safety prospect Jarrod Wilson was offered by the Wolverines yesterday as well. Jarrod is ranked in the top 20 players in the state of Ohio and a number of recruiting insiders love his game. As you know, Michigan needs more "true safety" prospects.
- TomVH from Mgoblog has interviews up with WR Corey Smith and OL Kyle Murphy.
- The expected Michigan 2012 Class is estimated to be around 17-20 players.
Other Michigan News
- Michigan Basketball lost a close one at Illinois last night. They got two shots up at the buzzer, but neither dropped. Iowa is now a must-win if they are going to make a bid to make the NCAA Tournament.
- Devin Gardner tweets that there isn't any new news about his medical redshirt status.