As the year rolls to a fortunate end, I thought now would be a good time to reflect on the things we are thankful for and reflect on the things we would like to change.
Things could have been worse for the Vols, but a bowling we shall go.
1. Thankful: We still have a head coach.
2. Change: Be a school that attracts high-profile professionals; yea, Muschamp, I mean you (expletive).
3. Thankful: We won six games in regular season.
4. Change: We lost six games in regular season.
5. Thankful: None of the assistant coaches have absconded yet.
6. Change: No assistant coaches have absconded to join our ranks.
7. Thankful: We only had a few arrests this year.
8 Change: We had a few arrests this year.
9. Thankful: Coach Dooley didn't punch out Les Miles when he ran him down to shake hands.
10. Change: Coach Dooley should have knocked out the Mad Hatter, and the referee.
11. Thankful: The only blowouts this season came at the heels of the Ducks, the Dawgs and Bama.
12. Change: Remind the SEC we can still be relevant.
13. Thankful: For a team that had countless freshman and very few veteran players, the Vols were relevant.
14. Change: Go after big-time recruits and bring em' home.
15. Thankful: Vols have a decent class already on board.
16. Change: Find an AD that can lead the Tennessee athletic program.
17. Thankful: There is already a fat man that's used to wearing orange and white and can do the job... and he sure as hell ain't Santa.
18. Change: Fans not leaving in the third and fourth quarter when things look grim.
19. Thankful: Vols managed to better three SEC teams this season when predictions were much less.
20. Change: Vols manage to better six SEC teams next season, and the predictions will still be less.
HO, HO, HO, MERRY CHRISTMAS
Stay tuned next year when I present the Second Annual Blue Collar Vols Award Recipients.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!