Iowa's football team may be in very hot water. A ton of rumors and reports have been circulating today, but as of this evening things looked to have died down. Here's everything we know for sure (as of 7:41 EST).
1) In a press release today, Iowa announced that running back Jewel Hampton is transferring and fellow RB Adam Robinson is off the team for the bowl game.
2) A third RB, Brandon Wegher, is also transferring (though it's unknown whether or not this is related).
4) Senior wide receiver Derrell Johnson-Koulianos was arrested last Tuesday in a drug bust and suspended from the team.
5) Unconfirmed rumors have been circulating all over twitter that between seven and 20 Iowa players will be suspended due to failing drug tests. Again, this is unconfirmed and is mere rumor.
6) Las Vegas Sports Books have all removed the Insight Bowl from the board, effectively halting all gambling until further information surfaces.
We'll know a lot tomorrow after the press conference. Due to the fact that both Ferentz and Barta are appearing, it seems a safe bet that there will be some big news. This is the twitter account I'd recommend you follow—@MarcMorehouse—as he's had the most accurate and updated information I've found.
Obviously, there will be more to come. Stay tuned.